• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

“Soubry is a Nazi”

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    And that made you chuckle, did it?
    I noticed that you removed my stars from the word "Nazi". While I have no hangups about this word, I recognize that many people see it as a pseudo swear word, hence I wanted to save some people some blushes who might possibly be discomforted by it.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
      I noticed that you removed my stars from the word "Nazi". While I have no hangups about this word, I recognize that many people see it as a pseudo swear word, hence I wanted to save some people some blushes who might possibly be discomforted by it.
      Who sees 'Nazi' as a pseudo swear word?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Most nazi's i've met

Comment

Almost everyone, I would say.

You know mods, if you are not happy with this thread, please delete it - I am not wanting to cross political sensitivities for the sake of it. Well not today anyway

Comment

You know mods, if you are not happy with this thread, please delete it - I am not wanting to cross political sensitivities for the sake of it. Well not today anyway
            It must just be the snowflakes you hang out with. Never heard of that myself.

Comment

What do you expect from a cock sniffer?
              Is that a reference to snorting cocaine?
              Off Boris Johnson's cock.
              But it's just so....BIG....and BLUE....

Comment

Nope, pejorative term certainly, but not something that would fall under the banner of profanity.

Of greater concern is that this is the kind of behaviour that ultimately leads to incidents such as the death of Jo Cox. Normalising this kind of aggressive abuse towards anyone, which includes claiming it was funny, just banter or other dismissive remarks, can easily lead to an escalation that ultimately ends in serious physical assault or death. Female MP's in particular have been the subject of this kind of abuse for years, with many of them receiving regular threats to kill or rape them.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Nope, pejorative term certainly, but not something that would fall under the banner of profanity.

Of greater concern is that this is the kind of behaviour that ultimately leads to incidents such as the death of Jo Cox. Normalising this kind of aggressive abuse towards anyone, which includes claiming it was funny, just banter or other dismissive remarks, can easily lead to an escalation that ultimately ends in serious physical assault or death. Female MP's in particular have been the subject of this kind of abuse for years, with many of them receiving regular threats to kill or rape them.
                  Yes you're quite right, and I wasn't aware when I made the inital post that there was any aggression there today - but it turns out there was, and I don't think that is funny at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Of greater concern is that this is the kind of behaviour that ultimately leads to incidents such as the death of Jo Cox. Normalising this kind of aggressive abuse towards anyone, which includes claiming it was funny, just banter or other dismissive remarks, can easily lead to an escalation that ultimately ends in serious physical assault or death. Female MP's in particular have been the subject of this kind of abuse for years, with many of them receiving regular threats from the Speaker of the house of commons.
                    FTFY

Comment

I think that this thread has run its course.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X