• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May to cancel Brexit vote on Tuesday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May to cancel Brexit vote on Tuesday

According to Bloomberg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-brexit-update

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Time to wheel out the EU "concession" I've been predicting.*
    After some fake "handbags at dawn" drama.

*Mind you, the UK govt. is so inept, it wouldn't surprise me if they haven't planned for this obvious window-dressing.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

BREXIT ON BRINK as May poised to CANCEL vote as ministers called for urgent announcement | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Vote to go ahead...

Pantomime time "Oh yes it will"
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

oh no it won't

Milan

Comment

Oh no it won't

Even the beeb is now saying it won't (as usual at least one hour after all other news outlets are reporting it)

Brexit: Theresa May understood to be delaying key vote - BBC News

Comment

And my savings in Euros are going up in value against the pound 1 GBP = 1.10835 (12:47 GMT)

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              And my savings in Euros are going up in value against the pound 1 GBP = 1.10835 (12:47 GMT)
              Me too, but it means nothing because I have no intention of transferring any money from Euros to Sterling.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

There's a train of thought that MPs will vote down the government's motion to cancel the vote, so that they can vote down the EU Withdrawal agreement.

I'm hoping for an announcement that she has once again been for a walk in Dolgellau and has had an epiphany...
                Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Me too, but it means nothing because I have no intention of transferring any money from Euros to Sterling.

I just became richer in sterling terms

Milan.

Comment

Bojo has a hair cut and smartened himself up ready for a PM bid.

Comment

Working...
                    X