• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When is the legal advice being published

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is the legal advice being published

Afternoon All,

greetings from the mainland

when is the legal advice being published, I need to buy some peanuts and drinks but don't want to miss it

This is going to be fecking funny

Hammer Time

Milan "dual nationality" Benes.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Afternoon All,

greetings from the mainland

when is the legal advice being published, I need to buy some peanuts and drinks but don't want to miss it

This is going to be fecking funny

Hammer Time

Milan "dual nationality" Benes.
    11:30 a.m. - probably just a damp squib.

Comment

The advice letter is dated 13 November, the same date the advice was requested by MPs. How curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        The advice letter is dated 13 November, the same date the advice was requested by MPs. How curious.
        it's been tweeted

Shadow Brexit Team on Twitter: "Here is the Attorney General’s legal advice on the Brexit deal.… "

Milan.

Comment

Looks like a final nail particularly with regard to the DUP.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Us Brexiters are so dim!

Could you clarify what this means?

'In conclusion, the current editing of the protocol, including Article 19, does not provide for a mechanism that is likely to enable the UK lawfully to exit the UK wide customs union without subsequent agreement'

Comment

It strikes me the only way out of this is a new referendum. I thought the deal had a chance, but I think now it is highly unlikely to pass even after a second attempt.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Us Brexiters are so dim!

Could you clarify what this means?

'In conclusion, the current editing of the protocol, including Article 19, does not provide for a mechanism that is likely to enable the UK lawfully to exit the UK wide customs union without subsequent agreement'

I know you’re trying to be facetious, but you’re closer to the mark than you think.

It means that once the Brexiters design and implement their promised system that prevents any hard border, and both parties to the contract agree (like any contract), then the U.K. can exit the customs union.

So, if the Brexiters are not telling porkies and there really is a solution to the hard border, then there’s no problem.

Comment

Yup not seeing what all the fuss is about. Nothing new in today's release.

Just get on with accepting May's deal or bypass it and hold a new 'please remain' referendum.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

The country is being offered a clear choice here........

1) Remain within the EU under existing rules and restrictions if we abort A50

2) Remain within the EU under even more punitive rules and restrictions if we accept May's (The REMAINER) "Best Deal"

And politicians wonder why the nation feels so disenfranchised.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X