• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which way do you hope the vote in Parliament goes?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which way do you hope the vote in Parliament goes?

Out of curiosity.
    For
    10.00%
    Against
    65.00%
    andyw for PM
    25.00%

Create a poll.

Don't forget the witty Andyw option.....

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
      Out of curiosity.
      Parliament to vote that 'no deal' is not an option. They may not vote this way, but I think it's pretty clear that there are very few MPs who will support a no deal as they know this is not good for the UK.

Then, parliament vote on May's deal. If they reject, then parliament vote for either a people's vote or a GE as at that stage parliament will have stalled and failed.

If GE, then we're truely buggered as we'll end up with a Corbyn led minority government but this may then at least lead to a deal that will get through parliament. Who knows what that will look like, but a GE will have given Corbyn the chance to deliver what the Tories are failing to do.

If a people's vote, then choice should be May's deal or remain (there can be no 'no deal' option as parliament will have already voted that this is not an option).

What we can't have is this constant checkmate. Feck knows where we'd be if we have another GE with a May/Tory minority government

Edit : this is my view, I don't care if Brexiters agree or not as it's not fact. Just my opinion
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        If a people's vote, then choice should be May's deal or remain (there can be no 'no deal' option as parliament will have already voted that this is not an option).
        A "no deal" 3rd option would also split the leave vote, potentially leading to more contention.

Comment

A "no deal" 3rd option would also split the leave vote, potentially leading to more contention.
          Parliament should reject the deal.
          A "no-deal" is the only option that will finally unify the country.
          Either it will hurt so much that a 2nd ref becomes inevitable.
          Or it won't (yeah right )

Either way get out of the country if you can.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Out of curiosity.
            I hope they reject it and chaos follows, government collapses, snap GE, another referendum, Scottish Indy referendum, Rebuplic of Ireland takes back Nothern Ireland.

Comment

Having listened to MPs, and to callers on LBC it is clear that those in favour of no deal think remaining is better than May's deal. Therefore in a three way referendum if remain got most of the votes the will of the "no dealers" would be clearly to remain as a second best option.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

How I hope it will go: For. That will give the Brexit supporters what they voted for, we can all get on with living, knowing that the deal has been done.

How I think it will go: Against. May, the EU and anyone who doesn't hate them with a passion will be blamed, but those doing the blaming will refuse/fail to come up with any workable alternatives, instead just repeating their blame and shirk culture. All the while the elite traitors and saboteurs who sold the pup that was Brexit to the voters will continue to make money from the uncertainty.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What vote in parliament???

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                    Create a poll.

Don't forget the witty Andyw option.....
                    andyW!

Comment

Working...
                    X