• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dominic Raab: Theresa May's deal worse than staying in EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dominic Raab: Theresa May's deal worse than staying in EU

The former Brexit secretary Dominic Raab has conceded Theresa May’s Brexit deal would be “even worse” than staying in the EU.

The leading Brexiter, who dramatically quit the cabinet last week in protest over the withdrawal agreement negotiated by the prime minister, said he did not advocate staying in the EU but that May’s plan was an inferior option.

Asked on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme what he would do if he had to choose between May’s deal or no Brexit at all, Raab said: “Well, I don’t have to choose that. I’m sorry, I’m not going to give way to hypothetical scenarios. I’ll keep fighting for the best, most successful Brexit.”

Pressed further on whether he thought the deal would be worse than staying in the EU, he replied: “Well, I’m not going to advocate staying in the EU but if you just presented me terms, this deal or EU membership – we’d effectively be bound by the same rules without a control or voice over them – yes, I think this would be even worse than that.”

Dominic Raab: Theresa May's deal worse than staying in EU | Politics | The Guardian

Finally word of the wise - staying in better than the bad deal (and no deal will be even worse)

He did not concede it. He announced it.

The Brexit plan was nothing to do with Raaaaab. No point in him being there really.

Its all the fault of the uncivil no-service.

Who want the UK stuffed. "This is what happens when the people get a vote. Just trust us.".

New Brexit plan. 1. shoot all beaurocrats. 2. Start again.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post

The Brexit plan was nothing to do with Raaaaab. No point in him being there really.

Who want the UK stuffed. "This is what happens when the people get a vote. Just trust us.".

There was a plan? Perhaps you should have told the cabinet, they’ve spent two years arguing over it.

The civil service do what they’re told by the elected politicians. That’s democracy for you.

Comment

So being the brexit secretary, he negotiated the deal and then denounced it, typical brexiteer

Comment

He did not concede it.
          EU does not expect him to concede, EU expects him to ....

Comment

Is that the best suggestion you can come up with?
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post

The civil service do what they’re told by the PM, a Remainer. That’s democracy for you.
              ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                ftfy

You lost.
                BRINO, hard Brexit or new referendum are your options.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                X