• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All Govt whips have just been told to cancel Friday constituency engagements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Govt whips have just been told to cancel Friday constituency engagements

Paul Waugh on Twitter: "All Govt whips have just been told to cancel Friday constituency engagements and convene in Parliament today, one source tells me. Make of that what you will?"

'Do some work, you lazy tossers'.
    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

I'm alright Jack

Comment

38 letters calling for a no confidence vote

10 still required

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Or 23, if you read other sources.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Or 23, if you read other sources.
            If they don’t get the requisite number, does this mean that there is no confidence in them and they should resign?

Comment

May points out that parliamentary arithmetic may stop Brexit if she is replaced

You can see where this is going.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I notice that David Davis, Dominic Raab, Stephen Barclay, Chris Heaton-Harris, Kwasi Kwarteng and Suella Braverman have not (publicly) written to the 1922 committee.

They all campaigned to leave the EU. They all work/worked in DExEU. They are/were the main people handling the negotiations with the EU.

They are the ones responsible for the negotiations. Not Theresa May.
                  JRM, BoJo, et al want people to believe that TM was the only one doing the negotiating, that absolutely no people who supported Brexit were involved. And their followers are just lapping it up.

Shame on them. They got what they voted for and now they're still not happy.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    They are the ones responsible for the negotiations. Not Theresa May.
                    Are you sure? I think not. Ollie Robbins has been responsible. DD et al complain they were not involved.

Brexit: Theresa May denies David Davis and his department were cut out of EU negotiations | The Independent

Comment

Working...
                    X