• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uncle Tim promises cheap wine and beer after brexit.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    No, no. The disagreement is not just on the best way forward.

The disagreement is with the way you never ever provide any sensible argument for the nonsense positions you hold that support Brexit. These barmy soundbites are always supported by a barage of smileys. Nothing else, ever. The disagreement is you voted knowing it would impact other people's lives but you negligently avoided thinking anything through. You chide all your victims for being concerned about evidence, logical thought, whether your 'facts' have any truth in them at all (spoiler: they never do). So it's not an issue of opinion - it's your willful, reckless behaviour up to this point, all justifiied by "Oh sure, it'll be all right on the night"

If some dangerous and reckless driver ploughed into your car and put you and your family in hospital, I doubt you would regard that as a minor difference of opinion. Similarly we do not take your dangerous and reckless voting as lightly as you do.
    Bless. Like so many Bremainers you crave certainty in every aspect of your life. Presumably that will then allow you to get back to spending most of your waking hours gawping unintelligibly at your phone screens and not feeling that you may have to spend any time adapting to a new, and exciting future for your country.

That is NOT how the world works I am afraid.

People who voted Brexit were clear that certainty was the very last thing that would emerge, leaving aside the certainty that in future we would NOT be reliant on the whims and wishes of others. That is what we voted for, a complete change of direction from the one we were unsatisfied with.

Yet Remainers now constantly carp on about being provided with hard and fast facts of a type which were never very likely to have emerged prior to negotiations being completed. That is the bit they don't get.

Expect the final blueprint to go right down to the wire, because this departure of ours is likely to have long-standing effects upon the EU style of leadership, and that is why the Junckers, Barniers and Tusks are doing their best to make it as difficult as possible. THEY will be the big losers in all this.
    Not the British people or the normal hard-working people of the remainder of the EU.

Trade flourished long before the EU morphed into this unaccountable bureaucracy and it will flourish long after it. And the reason for that is because it is in nobody's best interest either side of the Channel for it not to.

And please don't serve up any more tripe about Brexiters only voting in their own best interests, it is tired nonsense and no more true of the Brexit community than it is of the Remain community. Although I do like to think that if the Remain camp had won, most Leave voters would have accepted the public choice and just got on with it.

Maybe that is because far more Brexiteers have a bit more respect for democracy and are not such a shower of spoilt needy self-indulgent losers.

Now you will just need to have a bit of faith and patience. Treat yourself to a new comfort blanket if needs be but try and refrain from spending your entire life in a panic.

All will be well in the end, and if it is not yet all well, then it is clearly not yet the end.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    we just disagree on how best to obtain them.
    No, no. The disagreement is not just on the best way forward.

The disagreement is with the way you never ever provide any sensible argument for the nonsense positions you hold that support Brexit. These barmy soundbites are always supported by a barage of smileys. Nothing else, ever. The disagreement is you voted knowing it would impact other people's lives but you negligently avoided thinking anything through. You chide all your victims for being concerned about evidence, logical thought, whether your 'facts' have any truth in them at all (spoiler: they never do). So it's not an issue of opinion - it's your willful, reckless behaviour up to this point, all justifiied by "Oh sure, it'll be all right on the night"

If some dangerous and reckless driver ploughed into your car and put you and your family in hospital, I doubt you would regard that as a minor difference of opinion. Similarly we do not take your dangerous and reckless voting as lightly as you do.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Ahh wetherspoons the great supporter of Brexit but not the British military Just a few examples below

Royal Marines refused a pint on return from Afghanistan after bar staff refuse military ID - Telegraph
    Royal Navy veterans left fuming when Wetherspoons bouncers kick them out | Metro News
    "IT'S DISGUSTING" Blind Veteran KICKED OUT of Wetherspoons 'Because He Supported Tommy Robinson' | Politicalite UK | Unreported News, Politics and Opinion

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Would that be the same youth who came out and voted in their droves to remain? Oh, hang on...
    Well to be fair, they had a lot on their plates.......those instagrams of their dinners won't just post themselves you know!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    More self-pitying whining deleted

We wish for the same things, we just disagree on how best to obtain them.

Stop being such a melodramatic kn0bjockey for once.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    And this is why remainers will never forgive Brexiters. WE do care. We care for our country. We care for its future and the future for today's youth.
    Would that be the same youth who came out and voted in their droves to remain? Oh, hang on...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    Brexiteers should be treated as criminals (unless they are special needs)

Sorry, I forgot about Shaun.
    Cretin comment of the day .... <snip warthog attempting to be clever using pedantry but he manages to make a potato look a genius>. You really are dim, not surprised you believe the rubbish in the Mail and Express and followed their orders and voted leave.

Yeah and it came from a staunch remainer! So sad, he almost appeared as your most intelligent one.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    1 Remain, 2 Leave.

“Benny: [shrugs] I got four kids to feed.

Douglas Quaid: So what happened to number five?

Benny: [beat] Aw, tulip, man! You got me. I'm not even married. Now, shut up and put your ******* hands in the air!”

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    I'm SAYING that I don't care.

I fully expected, and am prepared for, Brexit to issue in a period of unrest.

That was inevitable with the only certainty being that the end will justify the means in my opinion (and also in the opinions of 17M+ of my fellow countrymen).

As I don't generally drink much by way of AUS/NZ wine it will not impact me that much. But if I DID then I would simply adapt and move on.

There are plenty of other options open to those with a bit of imagination.

Many of us don't have any real problem with doing that.

Maybe you ought to give it a try? It is extremely liberating.

HTH BIDI

And this is why remainers will never forgive Brexiters. WE do care. We care for our country. We care for its future and the future for today's youth. Whilst you Brexiters only care for yourselves. You don't care that many people in the UK will be worse off.

And before you come back with some kind of cr@p that boo hoo, Whorty will be worse off, as I've said all along I won't be worse off. My line of work ensures I make hay during chaotic and uncertain times - I manage transformation and change programmes, I did very well out of the financial crisis. But, that doesn't mean I want my country to be destroyed by idiots such as yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Oh great not content with wanting us to all die off so your brainwashed students can vote remain its now a thought crime to vote leave. I understand the EU even more each day, next referendum will be held with clubs Catalan stylie then?
    Cretin comment of the day .... how can voting, you know, the physical act, be a thought crime, you know, thinking something but no physical act. You really are dim, not surprised you believe the rubbish in the Mail and Express and followed their orders and voted leave.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X