• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE workshop: Preparing contractors for Autumn : Weds 29th Sep at 7.15pm. More details here.

Uncle Tim promises cheap wine and beer after brexit.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #51
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Wah Wah Wah!!! You voted differently to me and you've ruined the future because everything is bound to be calamitous because you....well because you....had the temerity to vote differently to me. Wah Wah Wah!! Oh yes.....us Remainers will never forgive you....Wah Wah Wah!!!!


    ftfy
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

    Comment


      #52
      Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Wait aren't those early members of the EU????? Are you saying some EU states don't do well?
      The Euro is a bad idea, always said so. Having said which these states don't seem to be in a hurry to leave.
      We had our cake and ate it - Maggie created the single market and negotiated a good deal, now you've ruined that.
      In 10-20 years I suspect we'll have to go back into the EU - on their terms, which will probably involve adopting the Euro.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

      Comment


        #53
        Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post


        ftfy
        Still nothing of value from you then, just pointless emoticons. Carry on, as you were soldier boy.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

        Comment


          #54
          Poster Bhoy

          Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Still nothing of value from you then, just pointless emoticons. Carry on, as you were soldier boy.
          Shaunbuoy is very useful to us. He is so vacuous he makes the perfect Brexit poster boy. He embodies all of the failings of Brexiteers in one convenient package. He does exactly what he says on the tin. We're really quite fortunate he doesn't go off in a huff.
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

          Comment


            #55
            Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
            Shaunbuoy is very useful to us. He is so vacuous he makes the perfect Brexit poster boy. He embodies all of the failings of Brexiteers in one convenient package. He does exactly what he says on the tin. We're really quite fortunate he doesn't go off in a huff.
            Some of these Brexiters are so overwhelmingly thick you'd think they were Remainer plants designed to make Brexit look bad
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

            Comment


              #56
              Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Some of these Brexiters are so overwhelmingly thick you'd think they were Remainer plants designed to make Brexit look bad
              It's a good theory. It would explain a lot.

              However unfortunately the majority of Brexiteers still believe in the £350 million outright lie. Unfortunately the majority of Trump supporters still believe he is a valid person.

              You're not dealing with isolated stupidity here. What we are seeing is half of humanity is incapable of questioning idealogies/religions. They adopt barmy ideas with hardly any resistance and then just deflect all contrary evidence. That's what makes Brexit so depressing. It's not the adverse economic effects. It's not the fact we will become so much less important in the world. It is the awful realisation that we are at the mercy of half-wits. And will be for ever.
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

              Comment


                #57
                Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                It is the awful realisation that we are at the mercy of half-wits. And will be for ever.
                Yes, as always there is a natural order to things. The fact that, even by their own admission, Bremainers are further down the food chain than these half-wits tells you all you need to know.

                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

                Comment


                  #58
                  Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  The Euro is a bad idea, always said so. Having said which these states don't seem to be in a hurry to leave.
                  We had our cake and ate it - Maggie created the single market and negotiated a good deal, now you've ruined that.
                  In 10-20 years I suspect we'll have to go back into the EU - on their terms, which will probably involve adopting the Euro.
                  A shame many of the gammons will be dead by then, as I really want to see them squirm when that happens.
                  Taking a break from contracting

                  Comment


                    #59
                    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                    You're not dealing with isolated stupidity here. What we are seeing is half of humanity is incapable of questioning idealogies/religions.
                    It is probably a good comparison, Brexit and religion. There is no evidence or explanation that Brexit will be a success and yet people just accept the bold claims. Plenty of people try to explain why Brexit could be bad and as a result they are dismissed as scaremongering.

                    There is no evidence or explanation for the existence of sky fairies and yet people just accept the bold claims. Plenty of people try to explain why sky fairies don't exist but they are just dismissed.
                    Taking a break from contracting

                    Comment


                      #60
                      Originally posted by chopper View Post
                      It is probably a good comparison, Brexit and religion. There is no evidence or explanation that Brexit will be a success and yet people just accept the bold claims. Plenty of people try to explain why Brexit could be bad and as a result they are dismissed as scaremongering.

                      There is no evidence or explanation for the existence of sky fairies and yet people just accept the bold claims. Plenty of people try to explain why sky fairies don't exist but they are just dismissed.
                      Without wishing to be rude - that argument can be used both ways - no one knows what the full impact of Brexit will be.

                      No one can know what the full impact of staying in the EU would be.

                      You seem to be implying that if we stayed in the EU everything would be fine - in fact it would get better and better - but no one has any evidence to back that up.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X