• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grayling the Transport Minister and Brexiter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Indeed. The whole place is like flypaper for the terminally nervous, and those that need certainty in everything, and their hands held as they stumble along their life's path.

It is like a special needs environment for the simple-minded, all trying to outdo one another with their hysterical and ill-formed conjecture about the world post-Brexit.

Bunch of mush-brained bedwetters all huddled under their comfort blankets trying not to get them too damp.

Not me. I'm here to gloat and laugh. I suspect the laughter and gloating opportunities to increase exponentially next year in line with the whining from Brexiters as they realise they've scored a spectacular own goal
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Not me. I'm here to gloat and laugh. I suspect the laughter and gloating opportunities to increase exponentially next year in line with the whining from Brexiters as they realise they've scored a spectacular own goal
      I'm here to listen to the wisdom and intelligence of the Brexiters

I'm also hoping, against all evidence to date, that one of the Brexidiots will come up with one, just the one, good reason for Brexit.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Eventually, Brexiters will come to understand that they’ve been lied to continually over the past two years by politicians telling them in speeches and media that everything’s under control, while in reality they couldn’t run a chip shop.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...vernment/amp/?

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...536926722.html

A very reliable source has leaked details about the UK government's 'no-deal' Brexit plans and it is basically Armageddon for the UK road transport industry. THREAD

No-deal Brexit disruption could turn the M20 into a giant lorry park, Government warns
        The M20 will be turned into a giant lorry park because of huge disruption to cross-channel trade caused by the EU in the event of a no-deal Brexit, according to official no deal plans unveiled next w…
        https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...rk-government/
        In a UK government plan for 'no deal,' officials admit that a) there is likely to be severe disruption at the ports and b) contrary to earlier government claims, there will not be enough permits available for UK lorry drivers heading to Europe
        UK will minimise customs checks if there is no deal but there is "high likelihood" of "disruption and delays" at ports, per government plan due to be published next week
        Half the M20 will be sealed off for about 13 miles, and one side of it will be used as a lorry park. Rest of traffic will go through the other half
        Per this UK 'no-deal' plan (and of course EU's own advice to stakeholders as we reported earlier this week) British lorry drivers will be banned by Brussels from working in the EU. British drivers will therefore need to apply for new licences
        Significantly, the UK plan says British haulage industry will have to fall back on permits - but concedes that there will not be enough permits
        It also says businesses should look at "different modes of transport" for getting goods into EU - such as shipping goods instead of putting them in lorries. That is sobering news for UK haulage industry. Their loss will be UK shipping industry's gain
        Reminder: earlier this week Department for Transport told me everything would be fine, even if there is no deal, and went so far as to stress that there *would* be enough permits available
        The plan says there will be tailbacks as UK expects EU to introduce a slew of checks at border, including transport documents and sanitary checks
        Industry source: "It is indeed sobering and a disaster for the British road haulage industry if we get to no deal. People will think we are scare-mongering but the reality is looking pretty bleak."
        This also raises questions about government transparency. For months we have been told everything will be fine, even if there is no deal - see today's Jeremy Hunt tweet:
        But behind closed doors, government appears to be preparing for what David Davis once described as a "Mad Max" Brexit. ENDS

Comment

Working...
        X