• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Companies in Brexit 'supply shock' as fewer EU citizens come to UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Companies in Brexit 'supply shock' as fewer EU citizens come to UK

“Companies are suffering from a “supply shock” as fewer EU citizens come to the UK, and companies struggle to fill vacancies, according to a survey of 2,000 employers.

The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) said the number of applicants per vacancy had fallen since last summer across all levels of skilled jobs, and said shortages were forcing many companies to raise wages.”

https://www.theguardian.com/business...zens-arrive-uk

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    “Companies are suffering from a “supply shock” as fewer EU citizens come to the UK, and companies struggle to fill vacancies, according to a survey of 2,000 employers.

The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) said the number of applicants per vacancy had fallen since last summer across all levels of skilled jobs, and said shortages were forcing many companies to raise wages.”

https://www.theguardian.com/business...zens-arrive-uk
    So the companies who have had all that lovely cheap labour for so long are finally getting a dose of reality?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

It's all good news if you put the right spin on it.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        So the companies who have had all that lovely cheap labour for so long are finally getting a dose of reality?
        Yes the reality being that the indigenous populace is too thick to do many of the brainier jobs.
        Of which you are a prime example.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Yes the reality being that the indigenous populace is too thick to do many of the brainier jobs.
          Of which you are a prime example.
          Yes well doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result is a sign of madness...

so you need to change things which we have done.

I appreciate in your world you are used to getting your own way - even if it mean lying on the floor screaming till you went blue in the face and nanny would come and let you suck on her saggy teat.

But in the real world other people make decisions which affect you and there is nothing you can do about it.

So come on son, dry your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            As an EU immigrant I can tell you my daily rate is higher then average

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              As an EU immigrant I can tell you my daily rate is higher then average
              Yes but it's not about you is it?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Yes well doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result is a sign of madness...

so you need to change things which we have done.

I appreciate in your world you are used to getting your own way - even if it mean lying on the floor screaming till you went blue in the face and nanny would come and let you suck on her saggy teat.

But in the real world other people make decisions which affect you and there is nothing you can do about it.

So come on son, dry your eyes.
                Like all Brexiters you have delusions of adequacy.
                You're the reactive one, hoping against hope that Brexit turns out well because otherwise you have no options.
                I, on the other hand, am proactive and have arranged things so that it doesn't matter to me either way.

I wish you a good, hard Brexit.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

BTW I'm looking forward to the whining when firms start moving their jobs abroad because it's too expensive in the UK for the size of the small market of 65 million.
                  I'm sure there will be lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth.
                  But I doubt there will be any self-awareness of the stupidity that caused it.
                  Last edited by sasguru; 13 August 2018, 11:14.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Yes but it's not about you is it?
                    Why not, because I'm not Polish? Is it not about Dutch EU immigrants as well?

Comment

Working...
                    X