• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Trade Deal and the problems it will bring...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    You’re not reading what he wrote. He simply said that A50 says that all other treaties cease to apply.

One of those treaties is the one that relates to the Internal Market, under which the right to FoM applies.

You’re right that the UK can now decide who to let in and who not to. So what’s the current position then, for EU nationals in the UK? (And vice versa, UK nationals in the EU).

On the face of it, everyone is now a citizen of a “third country”. Visas are required. Companies that have employees without a valid visa are liable. Landlords are liable.

Is there a visa process in place? If not, what’s going to happen at the end of March 2019, in the event of no deal?
    The Home Office answering my own question. Aaron A Aardvark will be alright, I guess.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/exclus...tically-2018-8

Theresa May's government is considering plans to register EU citizens who wish to stay in the UK after Brexit in alphabetical order, as it struggles to design a system which will cope with the millions of applications expected to flood in, multiple sources have told Business Insider.
    Wonder where she got the idea from?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      I remember that very "Prog 95"!

Oh what is is to be old.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
      X