• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Supermarkets slam "food stockpiling" suggestion by government.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Of course we're all going to starve, all our food comes from the EU, and if we upset the dunk twat he'll confiscate the keys to all the lorries. Oh, but I've just enjoyed a lovely meal of Scottish Salmon, Cornish potatoes, and British spinach, with a sauce made of British cream and dill from the garden. All washed down with a very nice glass of NZ sauvignon blanc. I can't vouch for the lemon, which may well have been EU sourced, I may just have to do without in future. I don't know how you manage it, but you give tiresome twats a seriously bad name...
    Mordac's menu for the week:

Monday : Scottish salmon fishcakes with cornish mash potatoes and fresh garden dill NZ wine
    Tuesday : Scottish salmon fish pie with a cornish mash potato topping with fresh grass from the garden, some fecker stole all my dill..NZ wine delayed due to bad weather in pacific.
    Wednesday: half Scottish salmon it just doubled in price due to high demand, with 2 cornish new potatoes nobody to pick them so they are rationing , bottle of newcastle brown
    Thursday: No salmon the Scots want that for themselves, 1 cornish new potato six pack of john smiths grass from the garden
    Friday: 12 pack of john smiths any sign of that f$king wine boat yet.
    Saturday: Scottish methalated spirits, Cornish weed who cares about the wine.
    Sunday: Not hungry staying in bed its the EU's fault there's no food anyway.
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
      Mordac's menu for the week:

Monday : Scottish salmon fishcakes with cornish mash potatoes and fresh garden dill NZ wine
      Tuesday : Scottish salmon fish pie with a cornish mash potato topping with fresh grass from the garden, some fecker stole all my dill..NZ wine delayed due to bad weather in pacific.
      Wednesday: half Scottish salmon it just doubled in price due to high demand, with 2 cornish new potatoes nobody to pick them so they are rationing , bottle of newcastle brown
      Thursday: No salmon the Scots want that for themselves, 1 cornish new potato six pack of john smiths grass from the garden
      Friday: 12 pack of john smiths any sign of that f$king wine boat yet.
      Saturday: Scottish methalated spirits, Cornish weed who cares about the wine.
      Sunday: Not hungry staying in bed its the EU's fault there's no food anyway.
      Quality

PS: By Thursday I would have been on the Welsh lamb...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I’ve already stockpiled around 1000 bottles of wine so that’s me covered for the first theee months after March
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I’ve already stockpiled around 1000 bottles of wine so that’s me covered for the first theee months after March
          You spelled "months" wrong. It's actually "weeks"...

PS - you also spelled "theee" wrong. It's actually "two"...

Otherwise, as you were...party round your place on April Fools Day, I take it. Should I bring a bottle?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Only because we have apparently "chosen" to keep all existing EU tariffs in place. I don't see why we couldn't just have zero import tariffs on all food products for a limited period (say 2 years). That way we're not discriminating against anyone.
            According to a DEFRA report published earlier this year:

From: https://publications.parliament.uk/p...ru/348/348.pdf
            EU tariffs on food from the vast majority of African countries is currently 0%.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              EU tariffs on food from the vast majority of African countries is currently 0%.

HTH.
              I would hope so - cannot turn on the TV these days without seeing some starving Africans.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                I would hope so - cannot turn on the TV these days without seeing some starving Africans.
                On the bench watching Kyle then?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  he wants to find out who your dad is!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Not many people who appear on Jeremy Kyle look malnourished it has to be said....

even the ones who could be African.

Comment

Quality

PS: By Thursday I would have been on the Welsh lamb...
                      Quite possibly “burnt goat heads”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8475006.html

Halal available too, should make people happy: Imported halal goat carcass 6 way kidney tripe burnt cubes | APJ Meats, Inc.
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X