• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Supermarkets slam "food stockpiling" suggestion by government.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Most Brexiteers know, that whilst Brexit is within their circle of concern - it does not enter their circle of influence, until a vote of some kind, is held.
    (This generally holds true for most MPs (not in cabinet) and the public)

Your sig states you want a hard Brexit - isn't having no plan, the quickest way to achieve that?
    (Surely you should be happy about lack of plans, unless of course, your signature is entirely facetious?)
    Plan A for the Brexiters: Have your cake and eat it.

Now that this isn't going to happen, it looks like Plan B: Hard Brexit.

Plan B is fine by me - I've planned for it. The schadenfreude would be delicious. Also I think it's the best way for reality to return to Narnialand.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Plan B is fine by me - I've planned for it. The schadenfreude would be delicious. Also I think it's the best way for reality to return to Narnialand.
      Oooo, aren't you clever.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        Oooo, aren't you clever.
        it's all relative, not hard on here
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Why so serious in your prior post then?, you should be happy with the current state of affairs.
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Why so serious in your prior post then?, you should be happy with the current state of affairs.
            I have enough patriotism to regret the diminution of a once great country.
            It's a sad thing that there are so many stupid cretins that we're in a situation where the only way reality can be achieved is by causing economic self-harm.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I have enough patriotism to regret the diminution of a once great country.
              It's a sad thing that there are so many stupid cretins that we're in a situation where the only way reality can be achieved is by causing economic self-harm.
              Must be a tricky day job, balancing your patriotism (I'm getting out the UK, suckers) and your schadenfreude (Brexit - the comedy gift, that keeps on giving).

Perhaps that's why you're so unhinged.
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Perhaps that's why you're so unhinged.

You seem to be on your medication today.
                No long posts with underlining, tedious non points laced with non-sequiturs today.
                Maybe the meds will wear off.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

You seem to be on your medication today.
                  No long posts with underlining, tedious non points laced with non-sequiturs today.
                  Maybe the meds will wear off.
                  Glad you implicitly agree, that you're unhinged.
                  ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Glad you implicitly agree, that you're unhinged.
                    Yes everyone on CUK knows you're a stable genius.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Don't shoot the Voters

the diminution of a once great country.
                      The UK has not been great for a very long time - a bit like Venice.

It was however very impressive during WW2 - our finest hour. However the citizenry were then being tasked to solve simple, direct problems. The direction came from a small group of carefully selected and educated people. Evolution hasn't favoured genotypes that can think across complex ill-defined issues. One in two hundred males didn't descend from Genghis Khan because he was a good politician. Successful humans over the last 10000 years followed very simple strategies involving large amounts of recklessness and blood.

British people are generally quite good at fixing your plumbing, delivering parcels, buildiing aircraft engines, burgling houses, writing Java programs - those sorts of simple obvious things requiring limited critical thinking. Complex propositions with sophisticated analysis of abstract ideas is the limited province of special roles like politicians (and programme managers of course). It wasn't the British who were Cretins. It was Cameron who exceeded all previous incompetence by employing a referendum - a truly, utterly ridiculous idea, a bit like the captain of your Ryanair flight getting into difficulties and inviting all 180 passengers into the cockpit to fly the plane.
                      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X