• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump, not at all contradictory...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Biggest vote in our lifetime and you couldn’t be bothered getting off your fat arse?

Plonker.
    Biggest vote in our lifetime, the two sets of campaigners spent 90% of the time slagging each other off and you based it on total unknowns. Neither provided a compelling enough argument for leaving or staying in terms of enough to vote for. The level of Brexit was not specified either, e.g. customs union, WTO agreement, Irish border, chunnel controls, etc.

It was an absolute farce all round and should have been abstained from by far more.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Biggest vote in our lifetime, the two sets of campaigners spent 90% of the time slagging each other off and you based it on total unknowns. Neither provided a compelling enough argument for leaving or staying in terms of enough to vote for. The level of Brexit was not specified either, e.g. customs union, WTO agreement, Irish border, chunnel controls, etc.

It was an absolute farce all round and should have been abstained from by far more.
      Nope, some of us got off our arses to try to understand the ramifications and voted accordingly.

Some of us working in supply chains understood what leaving the CU and SM meant to our clients.

Some of us with Irish relatives (and passports) understood what the border there means and what was required to protect it.

Some of us understood that Freedom of Movement works both ways and also means the freedom of contracting Brits to work freely in any EU country of their choice without barriers.

Some of us have sat the British Citizenship test and understood that we always had control of our laws.

It was a farce, agreed. But it’s time to stop blaming others for your shortcomings.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
        I bet you welcomed Obama interfering in the Brexit campaign when he was pro the EU.
        Looks like we have another contender for the village idiot award. Where, anywhere, have I mentioned anything about Obama and his comments on Brexit, either supporting it or otherwise. This thread is about Trump, his pathological lying and his belief that the EU are the bad guys to his good guy self - but then he thinks every country is a bad guy; he's doing his best to alienate Americans which suits him perfectly, as his fellow xenophobic yanks will vote him in again to save them.

You Brexiodiot quitters are so predictable - criticize your hero Trump, you attack Obama. Criticize JRM and his cronies, you attack Corbyn. You assume just because someone doesn't like your similarly idiotic heroes, that we must like those you don't like. Well, it might surprise you that not everyone who voted remain likes Corbyn, or supports Obama's comments on Brexit (tbh, I didn't even know he had joined the debate!).

Now go away and worship your Trump effigy.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          Nope, some of us got off our arses to try to understand the ramifications and voted accordingly.

Some of us working in supply chains understood what leaving the CU and SM meant to our clients.

Some of us with Irish relatives (and passports) understood what the border there means and what was required to protect it.

Some of us understood that Freedom of Movement works both ways and also means the freedom of contracting Brits to work freely in any EU country of their choice without barriers.

Some of us have sat the British Citizenship test and understood that we always had control of our laws.

It was a farce, agreed. But it’s time to stop blaming others for your shortcomings.
          Wow, nobody asked for your lift story.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Wow, nobody asked for your lift story.
            1st floor, haberdashery and men’s clothing, going up.....

Comment

Sounds like your run of the mill general election campaign to me.

Comment

Changed his mind again: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44864739#

And like other right wingers, a feeble excuse
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Not contradictory, just outright 'fake news':

“I was there many, many years ago,” he said. “Meaning, my parents were born in the European Union. I love these countries; Germany, Scotland, they are still in there right?”

Last week, as Trump has careened across Europe, he repeated his touching tale. In an interview recorded in Scotland, he said: “Don’t forget both of my parents were born in EU sectors – my mother was Scotland, my father was Germany.”
                  His father, Fred Trump, was born in New York City, in the United States of America. Not Germany. Fred Trump’s father, Friedrich Trump, was born in Germany, in the sleepy village of Kallstadt.

Actually reading about his ancestors you can see where he gets the lying attitude from...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Not contradictory, just outright 'fake news':

His father, Fred Trump, was born in New York City, in the United States of America. Not Germany. Fred Trump’s father, Friedrich Trump, was born in Germany, in the sleepy village of Kallstadt.

Actually reading about his ancestors you can see where he gets the lying attitude from...
                    Soooooo...are you saying that those of us with a German ancestry, although mine is one generation further back than Trumps, have a lying attitude?

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                      Soooooo...are you saying that those of us with a German ancestry, although mine is one generation further back than Trumps, have a lying attitude?
                      Did I say that? What part of:

“Don’t forget both of my parents were born in EU sectors – my mother was Scotland, my father was Germany.”
                      Do you not understand? He is lying...

Comment

Working...
                      X