• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A betrayal of Brexit is no LAUGHING matter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    If she's struggling now, imagine the struggle she'll have with the EU trying to disaggregate their "four freedoms". A terribly difficult problem to unravel. I gather she's "pleading" with other heads of state, almost "begging" them not to reject her proposal. As I recall, it has been pre-rejected. Meanwhile, the clock is ticking. Tick tock. No deal seems increasingly likely. What happens after that is anyone's guess. If I were an expat, I'd be stockpiling comfort blankets.
    Negotiating positions are always "extreme" so they'll probably meet somewhere in the middle.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

If she's struggling now, imagine the struggle she'll have with the EU trying to disaggregate their "four freedoms". A terribly difficult problem to unravel. I gather she's "pleading" with other heads of state, almost "begging" them not to reject her proposal. As I recall, it has been pre-rejected. Meanwhile, the clock is ticking. Tick tock. No deal seems increasingly likely. What happens after that is anyone's guess. If I were an expat, I'd be stockpiling comfort blankets.
      I always though that an expat is someone who sees their migration as temporary. Those of us who are emigrants with EU citizenship lined up will be fine. Not so much fun for those of you stuck in the UK. 48% of you have my sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        I always though that an expat is someone who sees their migration as temporary. Those of us who are emigrants with EU citizenship lined up will be fine. Not so much fun for those of you stuck in the UK. 48% of you have my sympathy.
        They will all be as happy as a Harley Davidson Trump voter.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Negotiating positions are always "extreme" so they'll probably meet somewhere in the middle.

It's going to be fascinating to watch.

Will Corbyn vote for a deal to keep Theresa in power or vote against a deal for a new election? Decisions, decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            I always though
            FFS, if you're going to tee up a joke, at least spell it properly.

Comment

They will all be as happy as a Harley Davidson Trump voter.
              What could we use as an index of post-Brexit devastation, a heartfelt expression of loss and distress?

Number of threads started in a Brexit forum?

Comment

What could we use as an index of post-Brexit devastation, a heartfelt expression of loss and distress?

Number of threads started in a Brexit forum?

Probably the size of Corbyn's majority at the next election.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Apart from the fact that she can't negotiate with the other 27 heads of state, they've delegated it to Barnier. Even Kunz, who May thought would be sympathetic to her as he's also a right winger, has pointed that out
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

A betrayal of Brexit is no LAUGHING matter

Meeting in the middle requires hard work, and Davis and the other Brexiters in the government aren’t too keen on that.

Despite the noise, either “no deal” or “BrINO” would suit the Brexiters. Either way they can still play the victim and blame everything on the EU.

May should call their bluff and state “no deal”, and watch Parliament tear itself apart....

Comment

FFS, if you're going to tee up a joke, at least spell it properly.
                      Says the man who failed a simple Yes / No multiple choice test.

Comment

Working...
                      X