• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit needs to happen - and properly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    ...Leaving the EU is a monumentally stupid decision...
    As an entirely disinterested person, living outside the UK with no ties whatsoever, I have to agree. What Brexiters seem to singularly misunderstand is that the fact of it being arrived at democratically in no way detracts from it being an entirely cretinous choice.

Yes, I am arrogantly calling 52% of those who voted cretinous. Personally, I think the proportion is significantly higher. No. I have no respect for the average British voter, since the majority are thicker than mince.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

No, remain voters are wanting something to happen. Two years after the vote and still Brexit has not delivered anything positive for the UK.
      Those of us running businesses are aware that the ongoing uncertainty and confusion coming from the UK government and their leave advisors is having a negative impact on the future of British businesses. The sooner the UK government actually does something, the sooner we can move on.

Leaving the EU is a monumentally stupid decision.

Saying we're going to leave the EU then dragging out the leaving process while providing no confidence on where the country is going is even worse.
      No, cretinguru actually wants Brexit to happen properly, no-deal, (what he hopes will cause) the most hurt to what he sees as people beneath him, in some kind of sadistic fantasy he has. (Maybe he's picked up the knack of schadenfreude from his time outside of the UK)
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        What's even funnier is that you have entirely missed every possible nuance of everything sasguru has ever posted, and just gone for the plain reading. It takes a master of ignorance and stupidity, worthy of the highest brexiter honour, to achieve that.

Well done.
        That's probably the most well written personal attack I've seen you give.

Well done.
        Originally posted by Old Greg
        I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          No, cretinguru actually wants Brexit to happen properly, no-deal, (what he hopes will cause) the most hurt to what he sees as people beneath him, in some kind of sadistic fantasy he has. (Maybe he's picked up the knack of schadenfreude from his time outside of the UK)
          Actually I want to buy a property in London for investment purposes and want a hard no-deal Brexit so prices fall.
          They're falling already but not by as much as I would like.
          I think Brexit will affect the manufacturing heartlands disproportionately - London and the SE still have the great universities that produce talent for the knowledge economy, so in the long run are still a good investment.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            That's probably the most well written personal attack I've seen you give.

Well done.
            Give it up as a bad job mate. NAT has always been the worse mod here and you're pissing into the wind even communicating with him.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Anyway lets get back to the point shall we.

EU to offer a really sh*te deal at the summit that would wreck the UK economy
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                I love the typo in the headline:

EU leaders could temp Theresa May to soften Brexit red lines with promise of better deal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Actually I want to buy a property in London for investment purposes and want a hard no-deal Brexit so prices fall.
                  But how will it be a good investment - if all the foreigners are sent home and new foreigners aren't allowed to buy residential property, then there will be a glut of empty properties. The only people wanting to stay in London will be those downsizing from their big houses/flats into smaller ones that they can afford.

I think Brexit will affect the manufacturing heartlands disproportionately
                  Most of the manufacturing is foreign owned and for export, so it will have a double whammy effect. To give you an idea, look what Harley Davidson are doing because of Trump's attitude to the EU.

London and the SE still have the great universities that produce talent for the knowledge economy, so in the long run are still a good investment.
                  But most of that talent is foreign. Depending on whose figures you believe, it's either 6% of all migrants are here to study (Bean) or closer to 50% (UK Gov). If Brexiters have their way and we refuse to let in students to study that will have an impact on the talent pool, university funding and a further reduction on housing prices.

Universities will return to being solely for the rich Tory elite as they have to put up their admission charges to cover the loss of revenue.

And it's all because the clueless, directionless UK government and its negotiators are unable to move this country forward.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

But how will it be a good investment - if all the foreigners are sent home and new foreigners aren't allowed to buy residential property, then there will be a glut of empty properties. The only people wanting to stay in London will be those downsizing from their big houses/flats into smaller ones that they can afford.

Most of the manufacturing is foreign owned and for export, so it will have a double whammy effect. To give you an idea, look what Harley Davidson are doing because of Trump's attitude to the EU.

But most of that talent is foreign. Depending on whose figures you believe, it's either 6% of all migrants are here to study (Bean) or closer to 50% (UK Gov). If Brexiters have their way and we refuse to let in students to study that will have an impact on the talent pool, university funding and a further reduction on housing prices.

Universities will return to being solely for the rich Tory elite as they have to put up their admission charges to cover the loss of revenue.

And it's all because the clueless, directionless UK government and its negotiators are unable to move this country forward.
                    Prime London property will remain prime - in the long run.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      Under the planned European Commission proposals, Britain could be placed on either the “visa-required” or “visa-free”.
                      Thanks Express, for clearing that up nicely.

Comment

Working...
                      X