• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS to get additional funding from Brexit dividend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    No, perfectly happy - if the current government knows it can promise that the next government can afford to fund the NHS out of the savings from Brexit, that's great news. The NHS needs more funding.
    No it doesn't, .it needs far better management, more shared purchasing and a cull of a lot of pointless middle managers. Writing off a pile of bad commercial contracts would also help.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      No it doesn't, .it needs far better management, more shared purchasing and a cull of a lot of pointless middle managers. Writing off a pile of bad commercial contracts would also help.
      The myth of NHS over management
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Out of date perhaps. However my views are those of my other hawfwho was a head of a pathology department at a major hospital for 20 years and has has more than adequate knowledge of her line management. And the total chaos that drives both hiring and procurement
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Out of date perhaps. However my views are those of my other hawfwho was a head of a pathology department at a major hospital for 20 years and has has more than adequate knowledge of her line management. And the total chaos that drives both hiring and procurement
          Sounds like it could be indeed a problem of "under" management. Over management is when everything runs smoothly and middle management are sticking their feet up. Sacking more managers will simply compound the chaos.

Needs a bit more funding to sort out the chaos.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Sounds like it could be indeed a problem of "under" management. Over management is when everything runs smoothly and middle management are sticking their feet up. Sacking more managers will simply compound the chaos.

Needs a bit more funding to sort out the chaos.
            No, it needs more intelligence. A lot of NHS money goes on repaying PFI initiatives. Another big chunk goes on things that are nothing to do with patient care, such as buildings maintenance and depreciation. A lot is taken by salaries and related expenditure of course.

So why does each trust run its own procurement departments, for example, making independent arrangements for buying things that are common across the NHS. Why does hiring staff take up to five months, forcing the use of locum staff to fill the gap - that hurts not just frontline staff but the workforce nobody ever talks about such as the labs, physio, transport and the rest.

If you have a big hole, what you don't want is the resources to make the hole bigger. What you need is someone with the balls to think about filling it in.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              I'm impressed that people really are thick enough to believe this kind of big lie.
              It’s hard to know which lie to start with.

- additional funding? Or simply the year-on-year increase that the NHS has received since inception?
              - Brexit dividend? Given the government’s own position is that the OBR is correct and there is no dividend....
              - Tax and spend? The increase is more than Labour were promising, yet Labour were written off as having a magic money tree.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                It’s hard to know which lie to start with.

- additional funding? Or simply the year-on-year increase that the NHS has received since inception?
                - Brexit dividend? Given the government’s own position is that the OBR is correct and there is no dividend....
                - Tax and spend? The increase is more than Labour were promising, yet Labour were written off as having a magic money tree.
                Ah I see - so the fact that some money is being pumped into the NHS is now a bad thing?

It's almost as if it does not matter what people do there is always another group of people who will judge them as inadequate.

So it must be the fault of Brexit then.

Tw@

Comment

NHS to get additional funding from Brexit dividend?

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Ah I see - so the fact that some money is being pumped into the NHS is now a bad thing?

It's almost as if it does not matter what people do there is always another group of people who will judge them as inadequate.

So it must be the fault of Brexit then.

Tw@
                  I’d kindly ask you to quote anything I’ve said where I think money for the NHS is a bad thing. You may have been intending to reply to Malvolio.

I don’t know enough about NHS management or funding to have an opinion on whether it’s good or bad. I do have an opinion on whether I think it’s okay for our politicians to lie to us, though.

Wouldn’t you prefer to investigate whether there are lies and untruths, or would you prefer to just be spoon fed what to think?
                  Last edited by meridian; 18 June 2018, 07:09.

Comment

No, it needs more intelligence. A lot of NHS money goes on repaying PFI initiatives. Another big chunk goes on things that are nothing to do with patient care, such as buildings maintenance and depreciation. A lot is taken by salaries and related expenditure of course.

So why does each trust run its own procurement departments, for example, making independent arrangements for buying things that are common across the NHS. Why does hiring staff take up to five months, forcing the use of locum staff to fill the gap - that hurts not just frontline staff but the workforce nobody ever talks about such as the labs, physio, transport and the rest.

If you have a big hole, what you don't want is the resources to make the hole bigger. What you need is someone with the balls to think about filling it in.
                    It is untrue that every trust runs its own procurement department.

Partners Procurement Service (PPS)

Comment

NHSSC needs closing down, or at least changing from being a profit centre to a supply chain.
                      PFI was a joke when Major introduced it, an excuse to line the pockets of Tory donors, and continues to be a joke the more it was used by Bliar, etc.

Nurses need to be trained to make beds, change drips, take temperatures, talk to patients, make sure they are eating and drinking and performing normal bodily functions, etc.
                      There's too many layers of people on the wards that mean patients are not getting looked after as well by people who should be trained in how to nurse them.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X