• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More reasons to boycott Wetherspoons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I'm more stunned (not that I should be given who it is) at the morons who think that sourcing more British products and cheaper products in general is a bad move.
    So do you think that overseas countries should stop buying British products and start buying domestically produced products?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      We've currently got too many people taking out of the pot compared to putting in; ex-pat tax dodgers included
      In what way are expats taking out of the pot, you complete imbecile?
      But of course you don't have the talent to be in demand across countries, so you wouldn't have a clue how it works.
      As for buying British, make a list of the makes of your car, fridge, oven, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV, PC, mobile phone etc. etc. and tell me which British alternatives to use.
      Fooking idiot.
      Last edited by sasguru; 13 June 2018, 12:52.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        In what way are expats taking out of the pot, you complete imbecile?
        Fooking idiot.
        And with taxes in other EU countries generally being (much) higher than in the UK, tax dodging is not the main reason to go to work abroad.
        But maybe Londonmanc will shout at the Polish barmaid in Wetherspoon that she is a tax dodging ex-pat

Comment

From my one visit a few years ago it looked to be populated by lonely, elderly gentlemen of a ruddy complexion nursing their bitters.
          Seemed a bit of a sad place which is probably why you like it.
          Ah yes those people we wish to forget.

Those we hope will disappear as they are an embarrassment with their outdated views

Those who we hate to talk to because all they do is bang on about the war and how last time they went to france there was no one on the beach to look at the passport - blue or otherwise?

Are those the people we should so roundly condemn for their views.

You utter ****.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Ah yes those people we wish to forget.

Those we hope will disappear as they are an embarrassment with their outdated views

Those who we hate to talk to because all they do is bang on about the war and how last time they went to france there was no one on the beach to look at the passport - blue or otherwise?

Are those the people we should so roundly condemn for their views.

You utter ****.
            These people were about 60 so they'd have been born in the 1950s, so nothing to do with the war.
            I really do think the vote should be restricted to those who have basic numeric skills.
            Thick fooker.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

These people were about 60 so they'd have been born in the 1950s, so nothing to do with the war.
              I really do think the vote should be restricted to those who have basic numeric skills.
              Thick fooker.
              And the ones who are 80?

Comment

And the ones who are 80?

I get it.
                You're a Remainer sockie plant designed to make Brexiters look even more retarded than they are.
                No one can be that stupid.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Beside the fact that their food is appalling, Brexitspoon is now going to ban European drinks.

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/news/2018/06/trade-deals

All contractors staying away for work should definitely Boycott them
                  The bloke is a total ****wit numpty gammon Brexiteer of the highest order.

Originally posted by Tim 'Not even nice but definitely dim' Wethersppon
                  “The EU's customs union is a protectionist system which is widely misunderstood … It imposes tariffs on the 93% of the world that is not in the EU, keeping prices high for UK consumers … Tariffs are imposed on wine from Australia, New Zealand and the US … There will be an inevitable transfer of trade post-Brexit to countries outside the EU, which will reduce prices in shops and pubs”
                  The EU tariff on wine from Australia is €0.099 ltr for wine <13 abv shipped in bulk and €0.121 > 13% abv. That’s 6.5p to 8p a bottle in EU tariff. UK wine duty, charged by HM Govt, is 27 TIMES higher at £2.16 a bottle + VAT on duty and the wine. The result is that HM Govt charges its wine consumers 63% of all the wine duty levied in the EU.

And as the EU is negotiating an FTA with both Australia and New Zealand it will be zero in future so an utterly irrelevant comment. Excise duty in UK is the significant tax not the import tariff. Remember a leading Brexiteer making similar claim for Chilean wine which now has FTA.

And it’s not 93% of the world either - there are just 24 countries we trade with on WTO terms where the MFN tariff applies. All the rest are on preferential of free trade deals

And that ladies and gentlemen is a Brexiteer businessman
                  Last edited by darmstadt; 14 June 2018, 18:52.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Imagine someone from Germany / France of recent African decent walking into that place asking for a glass of Champagne.

A hate filled enclave.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Indeed

It seems they are mainly banning a few beers from Germany/France....

no great loss

it is written as if Weatherspoons is some sort of meeting place for the UK Nazi leagues and anyone who goes into Weatherspoons or who even dared to vote for Brexit is a nazi..

But then that would suit the rhetoric of many on here so I do not know why I expected anything else.
                      If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck ......
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X