• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More reasons to boycott Wetherspoons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Do you struggle to read?

"Wetherspoon will continue to serve Kopparberg cider from Sweden."

No doubt Dumb and Dumber are burbling along and lapping up your every word.
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    But only because they're moving production for British cider drinkers to the UK...
    LM, you really need to try to stop losing the Internet with your constant one-downmanship.

Comment

Do you struggle to read?

"Wetherspoon will continue to serve Kopparberg cider from Sweden."

No doubt Dumb and Dumber are burbling along and lapping up your every word.
      And if your braincell would be able to read on you would read this:
      We intend to honour existing contracts with EU suppliers, some of which have several years to run
      So as soon as contracts run out they will terminate serving the product

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        it is written as if Weatherspoons is some sort of meeting place for the UK Nazi leagues and anyone who goes into Weatherspoons or who even dared to vote for Brexit is a nazi..

From my one visit a few years ago it looked to be populated by lonely, elderly gentlemen of a ruddy complexion nursing their bitters.
        Seemed a bit of a sad place which is probably why you like it.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          From my one visit a few years ago it looked to be populated by lonely, elderly gentlemen of a ruddy complexion nursing their bitters.
          Seemed a bit of a sad place which is probably why you like it.
          In one word Gammons

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Indeed

It seems they are mainly banning a few beers from Germany/France....

no great loss

it is written as if Weatherspoons is some sort of meeting place for the UK Nazi leagues and anyone who goes into Weatherspoons or who even dared to vote for Brexit is a nazi..

But then that would suit the rhetoric of many on here so I do not know why I expected anything else.
            Talk us through how you leaped to your conclusions about Nazis. In what way was something written with that tone?

Comment

I quite like Erdinger alcohol free beer. That's being replaced with alcohol-free Adnams Ghost Ship - anyone know how the two compare?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I quite like Erdinger alcohol free beer. That's being replaced with alcohol-free Adnams Ghost Ship - anyone know how the two compare?
                The former is drunk by enemies of the people.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Looks like the alcohol free version is a new brew:
                  Adnams Ghost Ship
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I'm more stunned (not that I should be given who it is) at the morons who think that sourcing more British products and cheaper products in general is a bad move.

Supporting our own country is a thing too many firms do badly; supporting local businesses (immediate area or within the UK) where possible should be at the forefront of every buying team's mind come Brexit. The more we buy British and support our own, the fewer imports we have to make. British steel should be used instead of Indian steel; doing anything and everything we possibly can to keep people in jobs to reduce the social handouts budget. We've currently got too many people taking out of the pot compared to putting in; ex-pat tax dodgers included, especially those imbeciles who still want a say in the running of a country that they've abandoned. Screw em.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I'm more stunned (not that I should be given who it is) at the morons who think that sourcing more British products and cheaper products in general is a bad move.
                      Who is saying that?
                      Problem is that overseas products are so much better that people are prepared to pay more for it

Comment

Working...
                      X