• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

From the mouth of a leaver

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the mouth of a leaver

The only one who speaks sense. The rest are, to the core, morons who don’t know what they voted for.

Pete North Politics Blog: On the telly again (part 5)

As you can see the hard Brexit turnips have their panties in a bunch this week. It would appear they are seeking to leverage the EU's backstop position into a whole UK solution. How many times do they need to be told that this is not going to happen?
    The NI situation is somewhat unique and any settlement will be an exemption from all the norms of trade and if the EU isn't careful it could find itself open to legal challenges. I wouldn't be surprised if they need to negotiate WTO waivers to complete implementation.

What the EU is not going to do though is allow us to pick and choose from the single market. They couldn't have been any clearer than that. they won't compromise their system integrity even for those much vaunted German car makers.

The EU is keen not to set any new precedents as it would force it to liberalise more than it wants to. We therefore have the choice between an FTA or EEA. An FTA means becoming a third country - which is only marginally better than the disastrous WTO option.

It is conceivable that they could go the extra mile as they have with Switzerland but only on the proviso that we, like Switzerland, adopt the rules verbatim with direct ECJ applicability. That really is "vassal state". Worse than the EEA by a long shot.

And the ultra Brexiters really haven't thought this through. If we are dismantling the entire EU system then we will have to replace it with something. No prizes for guessing that no credible plans are in place for that eventuality.

So that means, when the penny drops, we will post-exit, during the trade negotiations, be begging the EU for another transition -and it could be several years before some systems can be transposed. Regulatory change is a meticulous, expensive process and rather time consuming.

There are two ways that goes. The EU could say yes in which case they have us by the short and curlies, and we are stuck in a perpetual Brexit limbo. Just long enough for a new government to hit the pause button and try to leverage transition into a permanent solution.

But then it could also say no and leave us facing the full cliff edge in which case all of our exports are subject to third country controls. That's a real smack ion the balls for any industries who depend on frictionless trade and EU authorisations.

The consequence of that will be a major political crisis where the UK goes cap in hand to Brussels, yet again begging for concessions which either won't be possible or come at a price. That price will be adoption of rules under ECJ and probably a large financial contribution.

Strategically, Hard Brexit by any known definition is moronic and the sickening irony is it would be an own goal by Brexiters making us the vassal state we sought to avoid becoming. All of which could be avoided by retaining the EEA.

But you can't communicate this to the BrexitCentral idiots or the TPA moron (species Mongus Moroni) - because they're still infatuated with Tory chants of "free trade" - which all grown ups think is absolute nonsense.
    See You Next Tuesday

True morons voted. How anyone could vote for either option given the campaigns for both is ridiculous. Camoron was threatening WW3 if we left, while Nige and the 1 MP he had control of at the time were promising untold millions for the NHS. Meanwhile Jezza was busy pulling the splinters out of his 'arris from settling on the fence so firmly.

Parliament got us into this, they need ousting, every last one of them.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      True morons voted. How anyone could vote for either option given the campaigns for both is ridiculous. Camoron was threatening WW3 if we left, while Nige and the 1 MP he had control of at the time were promising untold millions for the NHS. Meanwhile Jezza was busy pulling the splinters out of his 'arris from settling on the fence so firmly.

Parliament got us into this, they need ousting, every last one of them.
      You've just proved you're a moron by your silly assumptions.
      Perhaps intelligent people voted not on the basis of the campaigns, but on the dispassionate and rational analysis of the data and evidence available to them.
      It may be news to you, but that's what intelligent people generally do when making decisions.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        You've just proved you're a moron by your silly assumptions.
        Perhaps intelligent people voted not on the basis of the campaigns, but on the dispassionate and rational analysis of the data and evidence available to them.
        It may be news to you, but that's what intelligent people generally do when making decisions.
        Reading "Why Vote Leave" by Daniel Hannan certainly added weight to my decision.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Reading "Why Vote Leave" by Daniel Hannan certainly added weight to my decision.
          You mean this Danniel Hannan?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a3835561.html
          In "Why Vote Leave" did he advocate a soft Brexit and staying in EFTA?

It's time to face the fact that you morons have been conned.
          Should have worked harder at school.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Should have worked harder at school.
            If you had worked harder you would not have been hit by the ruler so much.

Comment

Excellent, sounds like you’re well read.

Is there a particular benefit of Brexit that added to that weight?

Comment

Ah, you've quoted assguru; I wondered if he was still following me around the forum trying to troll and/or score imaginary internet points. Nice to know I still bother him so much; he's too easy to wind up.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Ah, you've quoted assguru; I wondered if he was still following me around the forum trying to troll and/or score imaginary internet points. Nice to know I still bother him so much; he's too easy to wind up.
                  Don't flatter yourself, if I come across one of your usual customary idiocies I enjoy pointing them out, but apart from that
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'll get bored with his inane tulipe before too long and then add him to my ignore list.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X