• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coming third in a two-horse race

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming third in a two-horse race

Who would make the best Prime Minister?

Teresa May 37%
    Don’t know 37%
    Jeremy Corbyn 24%

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...Trackers_w.pdf

One month later, and “Undecided” is pipping both leaders of the two main parties.

Though I suspect that “Undecided” really means “Neither of these two, FFS”

Comment

A more interesting question is 'Who would make an adequate prime minister?'

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        A more interesting question is 'Who would make an adequate prime minister?'
        “Adequate”? Setting the bar deliberately low? :-)

Neither side covers themselves in glory. I was talking to an Irish relative this week about it, we need a combination of intelligence, charisma, and integrity, someone who can unite the country.

France were heading down a Far Right path with Le Pen before Macron came from nowhere. Varadkar and Coveney are representing Ireland well. We need a U.K. version, though some might argue that the U.K. got to populist politics first with Blair and Brown and look how that ended up.....

Comment

“Undecided” leaps to a three-point lead, while Corbyn slips low enough to be beaten in a leadership race by a cauliflower on a stick.

Comment

I have some sympathy for Theresa May.
            It's an impossible job she has, dealing with the JRM/Fox/Bojo faction in the Tories who want to use Brexit to bring US style capitalism to the Uk and who are manipulating the cretinous part of the population to fool them that this in their interest.
            She has to walk the tightrope between these ideologues and delivering a Brexit that causes as least harm as possible (hence the Chequers compromise attempt).
            It's probably the most difficult job since the war (made more difficult by the fact that the country's level of IQ has declined precipitously over time).
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I have some sympathy for Theresa May.
              It's an impossible job she has, dealing with the JRM/Fox/Bojo faction in the Tories who want to use Brexit to bring US style capitalism to the Uk and who are manipulating the cretinous part of the population to fool them that this in their interest.
              She has to walk the tightrope between these ideologues and delivering a Brexit that causes as least harm as possible (hence the Chequers compromise attempt).
              It's probably the most difficult job since the war (made more difficult by the fact that the country's level of IQ has declined precipitously over time).
              I do not think that is true - it is simply that the stupid have more platforms to be heard on now.

(like this forum)

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                I do not think that is true - it is simply that the stupid have more platforms to be heard on now.

(like this forum)
                It is in fact true, you're an example:

https://www.pri.org/stories/2013-05-...ury-study-says
                Why IQ levels are falling | The Week UK
                Are we becoming more STUPID? IQ scores are decreasing | Daily Mail Online
                https://www.newscientist.com/article...man-intellect/
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

(like this forum)
                  The general consensus is the UK IQ doubled when AssGuru emigrated.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X