• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If the referendum had gone the other way...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    That sounds reasonable.
    Unfortunately the country has fallen under the sway of evil men, cheered on by a cretinocracy. Reasonable is a distant memory.

Comment

That sounds reasonable.
      As a Brexiter do you now support a real Brexit, what people call a "hard" Brexit (i.e. walk away, trade with WTO rules) or do you think there should be some sort of compromise?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        As a Brexiter do you now support a real Brexit, what people call a "hard" Brexit (i.e. walk away, trade with WTO rules) or do you think there should be some sort of compromise?
        Compromise is inevitable - it'll be interesting to see how those compromises are sold to their respective audiences, the EU and UK.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Compromise is inevitable - it'll be interesting to see how those compromises are sold to their respective audiences, the EU and UK.
          Is it?
          The right wing of the Tory party see a no-compromise "hard" Brexit as a once in a lifetime chance to complete the Thatcherite revolution and turn the UK into a mini US.
          I would say there's a 50-50 chance they get their wish.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

There's not much he does understand.
            Perhaps the vote should be limited to those with an IQ over 100, who might at least have some idea of what they are voting for?
            Elitist! This country is built on stupid people, most of them are now running the country.

Comment

Why not? Cretin.
              Well yes, you are a cretin but I was referring to the rule changes about expats' voting rights.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Well yes, you are a cretin but I was referring to the rule changes about expats' voting rights.
                You mean this change, which would enhance expats voting rights?
                https://www.theparliamentmagazine.eu...eral-elections
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I always find the argument that you can only have one referendum amusing, we can have as many referendums as we like. If one side thinks it can win one then probably there will be one at some point. We can leave and join the EU as often as we like.

If Eurosceptics don't like referendums they shouldn't have lobbied for one in the first place, they should have simply voted for UKIP. In any case they're hypocrites because we had a referendum the 1970's, and Eurosceptics were lobbying for another almost straight away.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 8 June 2018, 09:05.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    I always find the argument that you can only have one referendum amusing, we can have as many referendums as we like. If one side thinks it can win one then probably there will be one at some point. We can leave and join the EU as often as we like.

If Eurosceptics don't like referendums they shouldn't have lobbied for one in the first place, they should have simply voted for UKIP. In any case they're hypocrites because we had a referendum the 1970's, and Eurosceptics were lobbying for another almost straight away.

At least let us leave before we have the next referendum! I'd hate us to go through all this fuss for naught!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

If the referendum had gone the other way...

...how would the Bremainers react to Brexiters requesting another referendum?

This question is prompted by the news that the evil Scottish Harridan is going to push for another referendum very soon.
                      Given the closeness of the vote in a non-binding, non-supermajority referendum it was inevitable that, regardless of the result, another referendum would be called for. That was made clear by Farage before the 2016 result.

The difference though is that if Remain had won the Brexit side would still be arguing about sunlit uplands and unicorns. The silver lining here is that we have a tangible and more realistic outcome to discuss.

Comment

Working...
                      X