• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If the referendum had gone the other way...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    So to summarise: a real a.k.a. hard Brexit is what is required at this time.
    If it doesn't work, I'm sure the people will make their feelings known
    The people need a good hard Brexiting....

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
      The people need a good hard Brexiting....
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        So you’re saying that it’s all sunny uplands and that there is no economic pressure or any expected friction in cross-border trade due to Brexit?

No, I didn't. I said companies will hide behind Brexit to hide their own incompetencies and use Brexit rather than management failings as an excuse. Please don't try and lead the witness.

Can’t argue much with you there.
        Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Think Blair and Cameron were bad ? just wait. Can't wait for LordMr Rees-Mogg to take over

I also find it interesting how Blair is deemed bad because of immigration, when it doubled after he left.

I can't understand why everyone lauds Margaret Thatcher, the lack of immigration was simply due to the baby boomers coming through and nothing to do with government policy, otherwise the mass migration of the 1960's would have continued. May has been "clamping down" on it for nigh on 6 years.

Restricting things to immigration isn't the way to judge PMs. HTHBIDI
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          The same should apply to having a Scottish independence referendum, every few years a new one, no one wants that
          Well except for wee Jimmy Krankie (aka Sturgeon), who would quite happily have them on a monthly basis until she finally manages to dupe enough people into voting for Independence.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            ...how would the Bremainers react to Brexiters requesting another referendum?

This question is prompted by the news that the evil Scottish Harridan is going to push for another referendum very soon.
            Think UK should just get on with it, uncertainty is causing most of the damage.

Just put it down as the biggest self inflicted wound of 2019 and move on to the recovery phase, should be back to where we were 2 years ago by 2029.
            Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Working...
            X