• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A question to Brexiters ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bulltraderpt View Post
    I don't consider any one an objective news source, don't play that game, go back through history and go from there. If all you do is look at MSM you'll be doomed to stay ignorant.
    As the ole saying goes; "Listen to news and you 'll be misinformed, don't and you'll be ill informed."
    Ah, another Breitbart, Zerohedge, RT, Infowars, et. al. believer
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Ah, another Breitbart, Zerohedge, RT, Infowars, et. al. believer
      Sorry, what does that mean?

Play the comment not the man, otherwise it'd better to be thought a fool than open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Comment

I don't consider any one an objective news source, don't play that game, go back through history and go from there. If all you do is look at MSM you'll be doomed to stay ignorant.

As the ole saying goes; "Listen to news and you 'll be misinformed, don't and you'll be ill informed."
        So what is the point of labelling a particular news source as not objective? Isn't that somthing of a tautology?

Comment

Sorry, what does that mean?

Play the comment not the man, otherwise it'd better to be thought a fool than open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
          So where do you get your news from then?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            So what is the point of labelling a particular news source as not objective? Isn't that somthing of a tautology?
            Well, it's not is it? There is a slant to it, is there not?

As it is, you didn't counter, or acknowledge my initial point to the article (which I clearly gave) did you?

As for it being a "tautology"; I have only stated my thought on the Guardian (article) once, not twice.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              So where do you get your news from then?
              It's a difficult one this as what suits certain audiences is given more prominence in certain 'news outlets' than others.

But if pushed, I'd go with the thought that MSM outlets can't cover incidences / situations / issues in a couple of hundred words, so I go for interviews and an attempt and in depth analysis over several hours where points are thrashed out in debates etc, hence the well worn saying (not mine), to your initial quote.

Comment

Well, it's not is it? There is a slant to it, is there not?

As it is, you didn't counter, or acknowledge my initial point to the article (which I clearly gave) did you?

As for it being a "tautology"; I have only stated my thought on the Guardian (article) once, not twice.
                OK. I have all the info that I need about you.

Comment

go back through history and go from there. If all you do is look at MSM you'll be doomed to stay ignorant.
                  But all 'history' is subjective, so you're doomed -whatever that means- in any case.

Comment

I also suspect those in the so called piece have ancestors who have actually given to their various societies unlike the economic migrants coming in.

So the point is null and void when you look at it objectively.
                    Since you want to look at the world objectively, I would suggest that since much of the UK's wealth is built on plunder from various areas around the world, that means that the ancestors of a wider variety of people from around the world have contributed to the UK's wealth than you think. And that applies to any ex-colonial society.
                    Last edited by sasguru; 24 May 2018, 06:40.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Since you want to look at the world objectively, I would suggest that since much of the UK's wealth is built on plunder from various areas around the world, that means that the ancestors of a wider variety of people from around the world have contributed to the UK's wealth than you think. And that applies to any ex-colonial society.
                      And not just plunder. There was also the policy of deindustrialisation. Particularly in India.

Comment

Working...
                      X