• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If we actually leave the EU....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Trade deals with other distant countries may come with conditions that are unpalatable - Indian demands that more visas are provided in exchange for trade.
    That may be unpalatable for IT contractors. I doubt anyone in government will care much.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
      That may be unpalatable for IT contractors. I doubt anyone in government will care much.
      As long as it's decent quality fudge - I find that cheap stuff quite unpalatable
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Maybe wait until after they've had a war with America:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ts-iranian-oil

That definitely belongs in the WW3 thread!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          That definitely belongs in the WW3 thread!
          we're all Doomed! - Doomed i tell ye !

Comment

https://www.bigotgraph.co.uk/politics/2018/05/17/tory-leavers-dusting-plans-no-deal-brexit-andmichel-barnier/

Tory Leavers are dusting down their plans for a no-deal Brexit, and Michel Barnier ought to be careful

I find it amusing that this journalist thinks that May needs to threaten the EU to get the negotiations going.

She isn't negotiating with the EU. She could have a Canada deal tomorrow if she wanted it.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I do hope it's a "no deal Brexit"
              The quicker reality intrudes on fantasy the better.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                I do hope it's a "no deal Brexit"
                The quicker reality intrudes on fantasy the better.
                Steady on, I’d quite like to fly to Marbs next year for my summer holiday, getting the bus there would be a nightmare. Especially the 20-mile tailback to get over the Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  Steady on, I’d quite like to fly to Marbs next year for my summer holiday, getting the bus there would be a nightmare. Especially the 20-mile tailback to get over the Channel.
                  Better start applying for Schengen visa, the tailbacks at the embassies will be miles long as well

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    Better start applying for Schengen visa, the tailbacks at the embassies will be miles long as well
                    I have an EU passport, that part is already covered ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                      I have an EU passport, that part is already covered ;-)
                      I didn't think that there was such a thing, where do I get one?

Surely you have a passport which is issued by your country of origin or residence or wherever you applied for it and if that country is a member of the EU (and in this instance is part of the Schengen Agreement) then you are entitled to free movement throughout that region. However if you have a GB passport, which is still in the EU but not part of the Schengen Agreement, then once this farce has completed then it will no longer entitle the holder to that free movement and will in fact be considered as a document similar to the ones that, for example, American citizens use. Or some such stuff...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X