• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

As Brexit edges closer than ever...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Brexit edges closer than ever...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44120516

Wages rose at an annual rate of 2.9% in the three months to March, faster than inflation for the first time in more than a year, official figures show.

Over the same three-month period, the inflation rate was 2.7%.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) also said unemployment fell by 46,000 to 1.42 million, with the jobless rate falling to 4.2% the lowest since 1975.
    This is the doom Carney and the other EU shrills warned us about every week since June 2016.

Yeah, that would encourage investment...

Comment

That'll be 46,000 people removed via a hostile immigration policy
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

That is odd, everywhere I go the permies always complain they haven't had salary rise in years.

Comment

Claimant count rises

With the economy booming people are putting their feet up.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

0.2% real increase in wages over the last year will compensate for the 0.2% decrease in 2017.

Good stuff!

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I never understood the gloom about the economy in the aftermath of the Brexit vote.

Brexit has not started yet.

Once it gets going to economy will likely be affected. And not in a good way.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                I never understood the gloom about the economy in the aftermath of the Brexit vote.

Bring it on ....
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post

The reality only really kicks in when the traffic jams in Folkstone, and the European customers can't be bothered with the paperwork. During the next two years nothing much will happen.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Bring it on ....
                    I don't really want it. However it will happen so got to make the best of it. I suspect alot of British bred people will do very well out of it - but not in Britain!

There seems to be less focus of self reliance now - remember that quip from HIGNFY about 25 year olds spending their 10k on gender reassignment? A bit too close to the truth.

Comment

Working...
                    X