• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leading Brexiter admits "Brexit isn't working out"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    And the jam in the cake will be good old English Jam, grown in England and picked by proper English Morris Dancing Fruit Pickers. .
    By jove old chap! You've get me bellowing Land of Hope and Glory with tears streaming down my face!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Once Drunker and his eurocrats sober up enough to realise that the UK holds all the cards, the UK can have its cake and eat it!
      As long as these are blue cards, were cool.

okay okay, they might be made France.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        A myth...

In which case why is Germany China’s largest trading partner? EU rules don’t prevent any member state from trading outside the EU. That’s how France can do more trade with the US than the UK does. What holds Britain back are domestic issues like our low productivity, our lack of investment in skills and the fact that we don’t make enough of what the world wants to buy. “Global Britain” is a slogan, not a policy.
        Whoosh !
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          You sarcastic Remoaners will be laughing on the other side of your faces when the UK has advantageous trade deals with all these countries in the world that the EUSSR stopped us trading with for years, like China !
          Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          A myth...

In which case why is Germany China’s largest trading partner? EU rules don’t prevent any member state from trading outside the EU. That’s how France can do more trade with the US than the UK does. What holds Britain back are domestic issues like our low productivity, our lack of investment in skills and the fact that we don’t make enough of what the world wants to buy. “Global Britain” is a slogan, not a policy.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I voted remain. However I don't care how anyone voted. We are all in this together.

With great turmoil comes great opportunities. For some.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
              I voted remain. However I don't care how anyone voted. We are all in this together.

That's the spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                That's the spirit.
                You're not even enterprising enough to become a contractor. What opportunities do you think Brexit has for the likes of you?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

But not many Brexiteers are enterprising or young enough to make a go of noshing Operation Stack continental lorry drivers for hard currency.

Comment

Leading Brexiter admits "Brexit isn't working out"

Agreed.

Particularly those who run hedge funds and advise their clients not to invest in the U.K. (Redwood, JRM, etc). Plenty of money to be made in chaos.

Or those of us that work in supply chains and have EU passports so we can work to move warehouses and routes away from the U.K.

Comment

I was thinking about importing chlorinated chickens.

Comment

Working...
                      X