• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Airbus space contract to move from UK to EU because of Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbus space contract to move from UK to EU because of Brexit

https://www.theguardian.com/business...ause-of-brexit

No if's , no but's:

"Colin Paynter, managing director of the Portsmouth based Airbus Defence and Space, told MPs that it was “committed” to this move as part of its bid for the contract, which it submitted on 24 April."

I'm guessing t's only a matter of time before the Airbus Wing work goes to Toulouse or Hamburg.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Recently visited the Fulton site - feck me that'll pinch if the decide to close operations in Bristol.

Government should quickly cancel the whole process before the damage become completely irreversible.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Recently visited the Fulton site - feck me that'll pinch if the decide to close operations in Bristol.

Government should quickly cancel the whole process before the damage become completely irreversible.
      Is that like "Filton" but said with a sweaty accent?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        https://www.theguardian.com/business...ause-of-brexit

No if's , no but's:

"Colin Paynter, managing director of the Portsmouth based Airbus Defence and Space, told MPs that it was “committed” to this move as part of its bid for the contract, which it submitted on 24 April."

I'm guessing t's only a matter of time before the Airbus Wing work goes to Toulouse or Hamburg.
        It's happening, get over it. They were quite happy to kill Concorde, and I don't remember you getting teary eyed about that. Airbus is French, and don't ever expect the French to look after anyone except themselves.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          It's happening, get over it. They were quite happy to kill Concorde, and I don't remember you getting teary eyed about that. Airbus is French, and don't ever expect the French to look after anyone except themselves.
          What do you mean "get over it". I don't need to, I'm out of there. You need to get over the fact that the aerospace industry is going to be shafted. One of the few success stories of the Uk economy.
          But never mind, your kids can get jobs in a tattoo parlour.
          Last edited by sasguru; 10 May 2018, 16:07.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

What do you mean "get over it". I don't need to, I'm out of there. You need to get over the fact that the aerospace industry is going to be shafted. One of the few success stories of the Uk economy.
            TBF, working as a tattooist isn't that bad paying. Popped to local one today to book some more ink for myself, and the going rate is £50 per hour - I bet that this is more than the Brexit voting contractors earn on here
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Who cares?

Komrade Kolonel Korbyn will pursue unilateral disarmament anyway - in eschange for nukes UK will get cast iron guarantee from Russia not to invade

You've heard it on here first!

Comment

Filton is retooling for the Empire 2.0 jam export boom. Stop being stuck in the EUSSR high tech manufacturing past, start talking up the new swashbuckling economy and embrace the prosperous future.

Comment

The EU has basically rejected both of the Customs union options being considered by the UK government which basically is the death knell for manufacturing in the UK.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...head-of-brexit

Absent the U.K. remaining in a customs union with the EU, it’s very difficult to see how in the long run, complex manufacturing in the U.K. remains viable
                  Fruit farms and jam exports look like the future.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    TBF, working as a tattooist isn't that bad paying. Popped to local one today to book some more ink for myself, and the going rate is £50 per hour - I bet that this is more than the Brexit voting contractors earn on here
                    Most of them are tatooists apart from the ones in jail
                    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Working...
                    X