• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You can't touch me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    So anyone obtaining a 10yr passport has been affected, positively?

Thanks for sharing Meridian
    If you think that 2p or 39p per day is being affected, then good for you. There are plenty of others whose businesses are at risk of failing and whose families are at risk of being separated.

Not for the first time, I’m wondering if you’re on the spectrum with your insistence on being “right” on something that is de minimus for most of us.

Comment

So this new ID is also provided for free is it?

no, nothing is free in this world

the Citizenship process costs 60gbp

Admittedly I paid a man 400eur to go around all of the different offices collecting the required documents because I didn't have time

A small price to pay for immunity from Brexit

Milan.

Comment

The country is not screwed, it's just moving in a direction that doesn't match your personal requirements.
        My personal requirements are for a country that is peaceful, respectful, responsible and successful.
        Any country that is isolationist, warmongering, disrespectful, irresponsible or unsuccessful falls outside my personal requirements.

You can tell us all about how you were "right" (even when you were corrected for being wrong) or how a slim majority won a vote, but by your attitude and twisting of words, you have demonstrated how you disrespect those who are interested in the wellbeing of the UK as a peaceful, respectful, responsible and successful country.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          My personal requirements are for a country that is peaceful, respectful, responsible and successful.
          Any country that is isolationist, warmongering, disrespectful, irresponsible or unsuccessful falls outside my personal requirements.

You can tell us all about how you were "right" (even when you were corrected for being wrong) or how a slim majority won a vote, but by your attitude and twisting of words, you have demonstrated how you disrespect those who are interested in the wellbeing of the UK as a peaceful, respectful, responsible and successful country.

the whole thing is a tragedy

I am convinced my nephews' generation will reverse it

but so much damage has been done

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            If you think that 2p or 39p per day is being affected, then good for you. There are plenty of others whose businesses are at risk of failing and whose families are at risk of being separated.

Not for the first time, I’m wondering if you’re on the spectrum with your insistence on being “right” on something that is de minimus for most of us.
            Well perhaps have a word with the OP to be more tactful then? It seems as though it is he that is laughing at any potential misfortune of others with Brexit, not I.

Nah, it's just pedanticism.
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Well perhaps have a word with the OP to be more tactful then? It seems as though it is he that is laughing at any potential misfortune of others with Brexit, not I.

Nah, it's just pedanticism.
              Mr Bean,

if you're referring to me then you've got it all wrong.

I don't have the energy to explain.

Think whatever you want

Milan.
              Last edited by milanbenes; 13 April 2018, 13:57.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

The UK has been involved in many wars prior to Syria - so why do you stay here?
                (When this fact effectively means that the UK "falls outside my personal requirements" to you)

In fact, perhaps you'd like to list some countries that fall within your personal requirements?
                (and possibly define how you would gauge a country to be either respectful, responsible or successful, for starters)

You continually put words into the mouths of others and ad-hominem - so I refuse to be lectured on respectful discourse by yourself
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  Mr Bean,

if you're referring to me then you've got it all wrong.

I don't have the energy to explain.

Think whatever you want

Milan.
                  Well you said 'do your worst' - which will affect everyone else - do you not see how that comes across?

i.e. I'm insulated but fk the rest of you.....
                  ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

The UK has been involved in many wars prior to Syria - so why do you stay here?
                    (When this fact effectively means that the UK "falls outside my personal requirements" to you)

In fact, perhaps you'd like to list some countries that fall within your personal requirements?
                    (and possibly define how you would gauge a country to be either respectful, responsible or successful, for starters)

You continually put words into the mouths of others and ad-hominem - so I refuse to be lectured on respectful discourse by yourself

oh dear

Milan.

Comment

Well you said 'do your worst' - which will affect everyone else - do you not see how that comes across?

i.e. I'm insulated but fk the rest of you.....

it's the weekend

catch you all on Monday

tootle pip

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X