• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You can't touch me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Won't you have to get a 2nd passport in order to use this new-found citizenship?

Don't they normally cost money?

Isn't paying for something affecting you?

LOL

Ps. Some people say product prices have increased since Brexit, so, does your family not consume anything at all, even food?

Nope don't need one, the ID is sufficient.

You're in "old fashioned" UK mode, where everyone is fixated on the colour of their passports.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

You're in "old fashioned" UK mode, where everyone is fixated on the colour of their passports.

Shhh, don't upset him. He made a post script comment and laughed at how clever he was for it, the comment was wrong, so he had to find a way to make himself feel like he was right.

Let him laugh. Let him find it funny that people in the UK are worse off because of Brexit, something that he believes is somehow good for the country.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

yes I will be getting the second passport, it'll be useful actually for travelling to countries where Britain has, interfered.

What this does for me is protects me that if the different governments start getting silly about things, I have the local citizenship, and won't be a pawn in the Brexit game, and hence myself and my family won't be affected.

It took 18 months to get through the whole process, the referendum triggered me to act.

So Brexiters, off you go, do your worst and let's see what happens

popcorn

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

So this new ID is also provided for free is it?
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Shhh, don't upset him. He made a post script comment and laughed at how clever he was for it, the comment was wrong, so he had to find a way to make himself feel like he was right.

Let him laugh. Let him find it funny that people in the UK are worse off because of Brexit, something that he believes is somehow good for the country.
            The laughing was at the 'Brexit cannot affect me' comment.

Virtue signal all you want, but people are made better or worse off, all the time, through no fault of their own - Brexit is no different.

Oh, and unless ID/passports are provided free of charge to the applicant - I am right
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

So this new ID is also provided for free is it?
              A new 10 year passport costs £75.50, or £0.02p per day. This will easily be covered by the £0.39p per day that I will no longer have to contribute to the EU budget.

Saving = £0.37p per day. Quite a result!

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                A new 10 year passport costs £75.50
                Which is roughly the equivalent of 4 bottles of decent prosecco in the UK.

...or 10 bottles of the same stuff in Italy.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  A new 10 year passport costs £75.50, or £0.02p per day. This will easily be covered by the £0.39p per day that I will no longer have to contribute to the EU budget.

Saving = £0.37p per day. Quite a result!
                  So anyone obtaining a 10yr passport has been affected, positively?

Thanks for sharing Meridian
                  ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

I am right
                    The country is screwed, but as long as you can shout out how you are "right" then everything is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      The country is screwed, but as long as you can shout out how you are "right" then everything is perfect.
                      When will you learn to stop putting words into other peoples' mouths?

The country is not screwed, it's just moving in a direction that doesn't match your personal requirements.

Venezuela is a country that is screwed. Compare it to the UK and assess your hyperbole
                      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                      X