• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The museum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The museum

Museum of Brexit is announced | Daily Mail Online

Museum of Brexit is announced which will feature memorabilia, speeches and cuttings from the successful 45-year campaign to leave the EU
    Plans to open a 'Brexit Museum' featuring memorabilia have been announced
    Lincoln has been mooted as the potential location due to its Eurosceptic links
    It's hoped it will serve as an academic resource to educate future generations
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I do hope this is true. They could put Mike Read's Calypso on repeat in the Jo Cox Room.

Comment

Here's some stuff to put in it:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        I do hope this is true. They could put Mike Read's Calypso on repeat in the Jo Cox Room.
        They even have a radio station now, and yes, Mike Read is one of the presenters...https://www.uniteddj.com/team-members/

Former Radio Caroline and Radio Luxembourg DJ Tony Prince has described the new radio station he has founded, United DJs, as "the Brexit channel".

He means it positively. It is "just going to throw out friendship through the radio and embrace all the countries of the world", he says, going for the Liam Fox fallacy of Brexit meaning a swashbuckling global Britain cut free from the EU shackles.

It's more like Brexit in that it was born of a group of old men who haven't much liked the way the last 40 years have gone. The idea grew out of a meeting of veterans of Radio 1, Radio Luxembourg and Radio Caroline - the likes of Mike Read, Dave Lee Travis and "Diddy" David Hamilton at Prince's home. "All of the DJs of the past meet regularly to chinwag, and we were all talking about how bad the scene had got for radio," Prince told The Times at the weekend.

The result is United DJs, which launched last week, features nine Radio 1 veterans, nine from Capital and 12 from Radio Luxembourg and streams online.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

successful 45-year campaign to leave the EU
          How successful is a campaign if it has to take 45 years, help from Russians and fake news on a bus?

Comment

"Museum of Brexit is announced which will feature memorabilia, speeches and cuttings from the successful 45-year campaign to leave the EU
            Plans to open a 'Brexit Museum' featuring memorabilia have been announced
            Lincoln has been mooted as the potential location due to its Eurosceptic links
            It's hoped it will serve as an academic resource to educate future generations"

Yep, to educate future generations how stupid this generation was to vote for Brexit. To educate later generations how to spot lies and fake news (cue the big bus and a life size cut out of BoJo). Oh yes, Brexit will have a lot to teach future generations!
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
            X