• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The end of PSC's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of PSC's

I give PSC's about 5 years before they are extinct , several reasons but the following list will be the main ones:

1) The government on all sides of the political spectrum want them gone.
    2) No other European country permits them and many other countries outside Europe don't either.
    3) Taxes will fall dramatically over the next 5 years as the UK economy adjusts after Brexit, every little bit of revenue will be extracted from wherever UK Gov can find it.
    4) HMRC will continue to focus on high profile 'Tax Dodgers' which will get more press coverage.
    5) More scary statements by HMRC will claim to make companies responsible for tax not collected if the contractor is found to be inside IR35 while claiming outside.

The only thing you can do is sell up and go to Germany who will welcome you with open arms.
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

There's no such thing as a PSC. If there were, by your implied definition, Ford UK, Virgin and several other major brands would be classified as such.

HTH
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
      I give PSC's about 5 years before they are extinct , several reasons but the following list will be the main ones:

1) The government on all sides of the political spectrum want them gone.
      2) No other European country permits them and many other countries outside Europe don't either.
      3) Taxes will fall dramatically over the next 5 years as the UK economy adjusts after Brexit, every little bit of revenue will be extracted from wherever UK Gov can find it.
      4) HMRC will continue to focus on high profile 'Tax Dodgers' which will get more press coverage.
      5) More scary statements by HMRC will claim to make companies responsible for tax not collected if the contractor is found to be inside IR35 while claiming outside.

The only thing you can do is sell up and go to Germany who will welcome you with open arms.
      Please provide a link with th legal definition of a PSC. Bonus points for providing the relevant SIC coode.

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
        Please provide a link with th legal definition of a PSC. Bonus points for providing the relevant SIC coode.
        I believe it's currently milling around somewhere between motoukenin's ass and his elbow.

Comment

With ANÜ (which most companies seem to be ignoring anyway) and the proposed new social obligations after GROKO for freelancers then contracting is getting more difficult in Germany...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I have a Swiss GmbH. My wife and I are the only shareholders, we are the directors and I'm the employee. If that meets your definition of PSC, then clearly you're wrong that...
            ...No other European country permits them and many other countries outside Europe don't either.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              I believe it's currently milling around somewhere between motoukenin's ass and his elbow.
              Yes but James his ego his egos' ego and his ego ego's ego constitute a company all on its own therefore your not affected by PSC tax avoidance or until an APN comes though the door when all virtual reality disappears, bit like Brexit really.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I have a Swiss GmbH. My wife and I are the only shareholders, we are the directors and I'm the employee. If that meets your definition of PSC, then clearly you're wrong that...
                Yes but billing clients directly in the UK would be the exception not the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  With ANÜ (which most companies seem to be ignoring anyway) and the proposed new social obligations after GROKO for freelancers then contracting is getting more difficult in Germany...
                  And the False self employment laws which is why PSC's don't exist.

Comment

Yes but James his ego his egos' ego and his ego ego's ego constitute a company all on its own therefore your not affected by PSC tax avoidance or until an APN comes though the door when all virtual reality disappears, bit like Brexit really.
                    I think “you’re” saying that my ego is a close company, not a PSC.

Comment

Working...
                    X