• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What does Brexit mean for me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post

No reason to think
    Exactly. Don't try and fix what ain't broken............

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

So far it has meant for me:

1. cheap booze in Newry
      2. general hilarity (in a metropolitan elite kind of way) at the hapless idiocy of Brexiteers.

No reason to think either of these will change soon.
      metropolitan? - in newry? gies a break

Comment

what does Brexit mean?

You lot whining on and grasping at every straw as it becomes more obvious the EU realises they are doomed. Watch Europe slide to the right, lets hope the Donald rescues it from disaster as the US always has to.

Though the fantasists wanting to impose a Canada -- deal are quite funny.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          what does Brexit mean?

You lot whining on and grasping at every straw as it becomes more obvious the EU realises they are doomed. Watch Europe slide to the right, lets hope the Donald rescues it from disaster as the US always has to.

Though the fantasists wanting to impose a Canada -- deal are quite funny.
          Cue further hilarity.

Comment

Cue further hilarity.
            Bunga, Bunga!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I think the only thing that is certain about brexit is that it is impossible to have a civil discussion about it.

Thanks to all that tried.

I look forward to all the answers popping out of a magic hat on the 29th of March. I am glad I have dual nationality and am skilled. I am glad my kids also have this choice.
              Last edited by clearedforlanding; 8 March 2018, 06:09.

Comment

What does Brexit mean for me?

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                I think the only thing that is certain about brexit is that it is impossible to have a civil discussion about it.

I look forward to all the answers popping out of a magic hat on the 29th of March. I am glad I have dual nationality and am skilled. I am glad my kids also have this choice.
                Civil discussion is possible, just don’t expect details. Brexit is an ideology, not a detailed destination.

For example, you’ll get platitudes like “take back control” without any detailed arguments on how the U.K. currently votes on EU laws, what laws have been passed that would be repealed, what additional laws would be needed to make the U.K. safer or more competitive that couldn’t be passed anyway, what jurisdictive rights the U.K. would still need to cede to be part of EU agencies (EASA, EMA, Eurarom, etc), what rights would still be ceded as part of WTO, UN, WHO, NATO, etc.
                Last edited by meridian; 8 March 2018, 07:18.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

17 million people voted for it, and it's hard to have a civil discussion if they want to ignore the rest of the population.
                  At one time they compare the EU to the USSR, and next they are comparing it to Hitler's Germany
                  And then we're told that you might as well have a crystal ball to work out the future because no one could have any idea.

In other words, some have chosen Mystic Meg over logic and facts. You'd think that maybe the leaders of the Brexit group would have been smart enough to carry out, say, about 57 sets of analysis on the impact of Brexit on different sectors of the economy that would go into excruciating detail.
                  But, maybe just to make it clear, it is not the case that these analyses exist.

So, there's your future in a nut shell. Buy one lottery ticket, you're more likely to end up better off if you do than when we leave the EU.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    At one time they compare the EU to the USSR, and next they are comparing it to Hitler's Germany
                    This is the statement that makes me laugh because the far right and the far left are all anti-EU so surely they should be in favour of the EU
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Why is no one talking about the italian elections?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ede9ccdab913

Comment

Working...
                      X