• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Diktat from Brussels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Diktat from Brussels

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Linky for the big steel fences?
    These fences?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...07986.html?amp
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Before we move on, can you see how you got yourself in a muddle about reality?
      so we have established
      The EU wants no border between two separate countries and the whole of Ireland as a part of the EU.
      80% of Irish exports pass through the UK.
      We can reasonably charge import / export tariffs on goods that pass through the UK making Eire's exports difficult.
      So the EU annexing Ireland will ruin its economy.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's your assertion, not mine. Every Remain argument starts from the assumption that we will no longer trade with or even deal with the EU. That is clearly bollocks, but sadly it is what we have to work with.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          OK, so if this is material in transit, and therefore in customs-sealed truck containers that aren't going to stop in the UK, what exactly is the problem?

The main problem I have with the Remain argument is the childish assumption that big steel fences are going to go up between the UK and everywhere in Europe. Business with Europe won't stop, but it will change in some as yet undetermined manner.

Sits back and waits for the next rebuttal of common sense...
          Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          These fences?

FFS. How are you so incapable of following an argument?

Anyway will leave all you

to it. I'm off to play in the snow.

Comment

I think the key bit is that is your argument, you think you are making sense but you aren't.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The borders around Germany and Austriia are utter bulltulip. There motorway does narrow between DE and AT at busy times but hell I take the country roads at night - better smuggling route.

Oh, and this is what the roads look like you utter girls.

https://imgur.com/a/TQ4t0

Comment

Anyway will leave all you

to it. I'm off to play in the snow.
                I follow it perfectly thanks.

Enjoy the snow, we won’t have any after brexit, only frozen unicorn tears.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  so we have established
                  The EU wants no border between two separate countries and the whole of Ireland as a part of the EU.
                  The EU wants the UK to be part of the EU. The UK voted to leave. The UK now needs to come up with what it wants to do.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  80% of Irish exports pass through the UK.
                  We can reasonably charge import / export tariffs on goods that pass through the UK making Eire's exports difficult.
                  So the EU annexing Ireland will ruin its economy.
                  How do you charge import and export tariffs on products you are not importing or exporting?
                  As malvolio pointed out:
                  Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  OK, so if this is material in transit, and therefore in customs-sealed truck containers that aren't going to stop in the UK, what exactly is the problem?
                  The EU is not annexing Ireland, another made up story from the Brexit camp.
                  When will common sense prevail and you accept that it was the UK that is leaving the EU and the UK that should be negotiating how it wants to exist in the future, but all we get from the Brexit camp is "no we don't want that" and "it's the EU's fault"

When will someone from the Brexit camp explain what it is they want that is different to what the UK has today?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

When will someone from the Brexit camp explain what it is they want that is different to what the UK has today?

This summarises the whole issue.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                      I am speechless. Do the idiot Sun readers not realise the paradox that this stuff is all imported for a reason. Where the **** do they think mozzerella and Kerrygold come from? Good luck with the Chinese wine, beef and bicycles.
                      I wonder how our farmers will react when they understand that the UK is suddenly going to be swamped with cheap beef thus putting our own farmers out of business. Same for the butter and our diary farmers. But then, farming communities voted out so they get what they deserve!
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X