• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What happens when you get something back from the EU for a change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Jacob Rees-Mogg - the UK will be a vassal state of the EU

Full marks to Jacob for spotting the sneaky move by the UK government to make the UK a vassal state of the EU.

If anyone wants to know where the snowflakes have gone, just read the comments section...

This one’s particularly good:

Some one somewhere start making preparations for civil war.
    Brexiters: strong and (un)stable.

More seriously, where has this support for Rees-Mogg come from, and how the heck is he positioning himself as a “man of the people”?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      If anyone wants to know where the snowflakes have gone, just read the comments section...

More seriously, where has this support for Rees-Mogg come from, and how the heck is he positioning himself as a “man of the people”?
      I should look for a quote that's ridiculous from a remainer, perhaps some of your past posts and then say hah look all remainers are idiots. But I wouldn't because it's stupid.

Mogg, is articulate. Man of the people I don't think so, he is a very wealthy man and has some strange religious ideas. But you should question his comments and opinions not attack him because he looks faintly ridiculous and has a posh voice.

Comment

I keep hearing this, some MP was saying that Remoaners in parliament were playing a "dangerous game"

For this reason alone I would simply like to see Brexit reversed just to see what this "dangerous" game is all about.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          I keep hearing this, some MP was saying that Remoaners in parliament were playing a "dangerous game"

For this reason alone I would simply like to see Brexit reversed just to see what this "dangerous" game is all about.

Probably, something to do with with reversing the will of the people and attempting to undermine the UK's position in negotiations.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Probably, something to do with with reversing the will of the people and attempting to undermine the UK's position in negotiations.
            Whether you count 27% of the population of the U.K., 37% of the eligible electorate, or 52% of the votes counted, it’s hardly an overwhelming vote. “Will of the people” is not accurate at all, merely a device to stifle any conversation. Add in that it’s advisory and not binding, and the phrase is meaningless.

I think you’ll find that HMG, especially May, Davis, Fox, and Johnson, together with Rees-Mogg and the cacophony coming from the likes of the Express / Mail / Sun, are doing enough themselves to undermine any position that the U.K. might have in negotiations. What is the consensus Cabinet position, by the way?

Comment

Whether you count 27% of the population of the U.K., 37% of the eligible electorate, or 52% of the votes counted, it’s hardly an overwhelming vote.
              It was never mandatory that it HAD to be overwhelming. A simple majority was all that was required. And that was achieved. And these conditions were stipulated by the Remain side as well.

“Will of the people” is not accurate at all
              Not as accurate as "Will of the majority of those who bothered themselves to Vote", I'll grant you.

Now when are the whining Remainers going to finally get on board with this and move on? That is perhaps a more pertinent question.

You are either a part of the solution or a part of the problem.

Time to let it go. We are ALL Brexiters now.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                It was never mandatory that it HAD to be overwhelming. A simple majority was all that was required. And that was achieved. And these conditions were stipulated by the Remain side as well.

Not as accurate as "Will of the majority of those who bothered themselves to Vote", I'll grant you.

Now when are the whining Remainers going to finally get on board with this and move on? That is perhaps a more pertinent question.

You are either a part of the solution or a part of the problem.

Time to let it go. We are ALL Brexiters now.

A serious post? Have you taken your meds this morning?

You’re right that it was never mandatory to be a supermajority. This, IMO, was a major mistake by Cameron and contributes directly to the conflict we see now. Most countries implement major change through larger majorities precisely to avoid the mess we’re currently in.

I’ll be more than happy to “get on board”, just as soon as someone can tell me what I’m getting on board to. At the moment it still smells of cake and unicorns, so feel free to tell me what the official and consensus Government position is on our final state.

Comment

A serious post? Have you taken your meds this morning?

You’re right that it was never mandatory to be a supermajority. This, IMO, was a major mistake by Cameron and contributes directly to the conflict we see now. Most countries implement major change through larger majorities precisely to avoid the mess we’re currently in.

I’ll be more than happy to “get on board”, just as soon as someone can tell me what I’m getting on board to. At the moment it still smells of cake and unicorns, so feel free to tell me what the official and consensus Government position is on our final state.
                  Yes - Chelsea should never have lost last night - it was only 1 goal and not a supermajority so should have been a draw so everyone could get a medal.

The actual difference in votes was 1,269,501 - which is about the same as the population of Merseyside

or slightly more than the population of Glasgow.

So yes 2% does not sound much but 1.2 million does

Or if the two groups lined up the brexit line would be approx 36 kilometres longer.

The point you are missing is that the Uk is such a great country because we do not have any 1 group being in a huge majority of any other groups - which ensures balance and change.

The fact that people do not resort to violence when they do not get their own way

Yes there are always small incidents but they are mainly manufactured and not about the issue but the issue is the excuse to go rob some new trainers or burn down the KFC.

You should be happy to live in such a great country.

Comment

Working...
                  X