• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hard Brexit - Vauxhall to leave UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    so the French-German-American Opel & Vauxhall weren't as efficient as Nissan.

The point I was making was that it is perfectly possible to run a very efficient car plant in the UK. Just that the French weren't up to it.

Sorry if you find that difficult to understand as usual.
    What you mean is "the French-German-American Opel & Vauxhall weren't as efficient as the French Nissan."

Nissan is owned by Renault.

(but never let the facts get in the way of your rant)
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      To be followed by:

Hard Brexit: Stockwell to leave UK.
      You were on the wrong platform.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Maybe they could move your reasoning offshore to get it up to a reasonable standard
        Why? It was a complete disaster in your case!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          What you mean is "the French-German-American Opel & Vauxhall weren't as efficient as the French Nissan."

Nissan is owned by Renault.

(but never let the facts get in the way of your rant)
          Actually it isn't they have a stake in Nissan. They also have an alliance with Mitsubishi . They don't own them!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan

but accuracy isn't something we expect from bremoaners I'm still waiting for mass unemployment and a financial meltdown its only 18 months overdue!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Actually it isn't they have a stake in Nissan. They also have an alliance with Mitsubishi . They don't own them!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan

but accuracy isn't something we expect from bremoaners I'm still waiting for mass unemployment and a financial meltdown its only 18 months overdue!
            Based on your link, who is the chairman? Which company is the single largest shareholder?

I’m still waiting for brexit, we’ve been promised a land flowing with milk and honey, and we’ve got nothing.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Based on your link, who is the chairman? Which company is the single largest shareholder?

I’m still waiting for brexit, we’ve been promised a land flowing with milk and honey, and we’ve got nothing.
              Strange that Nissan & Renault don't say that.

Was the Land of milk & honey promise on the side of a bus? I thought it came from 2000 year old work of fiction, though the original seems to have got it wrong it seems to be a land of bombs & war.

Comment

indeed

Claimant count rising

Retail sales down in December

It was the steepest decline in retail trade since June 2016 and the weakest December performance for seven years, as sales fell at non-food stores (-0.6 percent), non-store retailing (-0.4 percent), food stores (-0.4 percent) and petrol stations (-0.1 percent).
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Patterns of retail are changing dramatically and quickly. It's moving online, and moving towards Black Friday / Cyber Monday, US stylee. It's mainly the highstreet retailers that are struggling (House of Fraser, Debenhams, Carpetright etc. etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Patterns of retail are changing dramatically and quickly. It's moving online, and moving towards Black Friday / Cyber Monday, US stylee. It's mainly the highstreet retailers that are struggling (House of Fraser, Debenhams, Carpetright etc. etc.).
                    The retail sales figures includes on-line sales.

The pound weakened as a result, I wasn't in EURGBP on my demo account but I saw it swing when the figures came out.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      you sir a cretin of the first water, all calamities that befall us must be due to our frankly moronic decision to leave that fantastic union of our historic enemies in forging a communist style state. Any other explanation is obviously fake news. I am surprised you can tie your shoelaces. see what happens when you let the proles vote.

Love A Bremoaner!

Comment

Working...
                      X