• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexiteers won the vote but lost the war

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I made some posts about that yesterday, such as:
    https://forums.contractoruk.com/brex...ml#post2521489

But it was this post which explained my opinion on it:
    https://forums.contractoruk.com/brex...ml#post2521712

Which veteran felt was wrong, his opinion is that Americans stopped supporting some of the terrorists and that was the actual reason for peace, his opinion was that the Irish did not do anything to bring about peace.
    Sorry those nice bombers who slaughtered their own leaders over a century found tea & biscuits more attractive than running the crime in Ireland?

The Americans amongst others stopped funding them and they realised Peace was the only option. These bastards blew up women & children all through my childhood they didn't suddenly become Ghandi without a reason.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Can you articulate exactly why the people in Ireland were killing each other for years and why it is everyone else's fault?
      Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Sorry those nice bombers who slaughtered their own leaders over a century found tea & biscuits more attractive than running the crime in Ireland?

The Americans amongst others stopped funding them and they realised Peace was the only option. These bastards blew up women & children all through my childhood they didn't suddenly become Ghandi without a reason.
      Vetran, you’d better take your argument up with OPM, not me. I’ve already stated my opinion, you’re the one who is convinced that the Irish were not responsible for The Troubles and it was everyone else’s fault.

You haven’t even read what I’ve written, deciding it must be wrong because taking responsibility doesn’t fit within your narrow minded view of “always blame someone else”
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Vetran, you’d better take your argument up with OPM, not me. I’ve already stated my opinion, you’re the one who is convinced that the Irish were not responsible for The Troubles and it was everyone else’s fault.

You haven’t even read what I’ve written, deciding it must be wrong because taking responsibility doesn’t fit within yours, right wingers and Brexiters narrow minded view of “always blame someone else”
        FTFY
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You haven’t even read what I’ve written, deciding it must be wrong because taking responsibility doesn’t fit within your narrow minded view of “always blame someone else”
          You credited the main players on the terrorist side in Ireland with making peace for humanitarian reasons I explained in my opinion and a few others the reasons were far baser.

I am sure many participants were moved to peace for kind reasons but the terrorists were driven to it. The fact they continued running their organisation's less appealing side in secret tends to prove my hypothesis.

Not quite sure how I am supposed to take responsibility, apart from visiting NI a few times I hardly any involvement. I have friends who served over there and none of them had anything nice to say about the terrorists.
          Last edited by vetran; 18 January 2018, 22:45.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            You credited the main players on the terrorist side in Ireland with making peace for humanitarian reasons
            I most certainly did not!

Not ever person on the island of Ireland was or is a terrorist, I realise your Daily Mail belief system tells you everyone who does not believe the Daily Mail is evil, but there are plenty of people in Ireland who were involved in bringing about peace who were not terrorists.
            And not all terrorists were on one side.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
            X