• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The future of transport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The future of transport

How about this one then: https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites...-transport.pdf

To break it down:

1. EU rules require truck drivers driving across the EU to possess a certificate of competence, issued from any EU member state. After Brexit, the existing certificates issued by the UK will no longer be valid for haulage / truck driving in the EU.

2. EU rules require that drivers of vehicles carrying passengers (coaches, buses and closed door tours) require a certificate of competence provided by an EU member state from a training centre accredited by their national government - certificates issued by UK training centres will become invalid in the EU.

3. According to EU rules, driving licenses from any member state are equally recognised in all member states, for example for insurance, for car hire, etc.

As of the UK's withdrawal, UK driving licenses will no longer equally recognised in the EU.

4. According to EU single market rules, to be an EU road haulage operator, a company must have an effective establishment in an EU member state. Companies who are based in the UK will no longer be licensed as such or fulfil this requirement.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Whoops the UK seems to be on a par with the Congo.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

So we embargo their trucks... or perhaps we let the grown ups agree that mutual trade is mutually beneficial...
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        So we embargo their trucks... or perhaps we let the grown ups agree that mutual trade is mutually beneficial...
        oh there will be mutual trade but only in goods the EU will then pinch all the services, including haulage across the EU.

As you point out the UK will embargo EU trucks but UK trucks drive a lot further in the EU than EU trucks in the UK. I'm sure the EU haulage companies can easily handover for the last 50 miles and save all the hassle of being parked up in customs.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          oh there will be mutual trade but only in goods the EU will then pinch all the services, including haulage across the EU.

As you point out the UK will embargo EU trucks but UK trucks drive a lot further in the EU than EU trucks in the UK. I'm sure the EU haulage companies can easily handover for the last 50 miles and save all the hassle of being parked up in customs.

They can try a trade embargo - or some other thinly disguised method of trying to make trade difficult.

But they will fail as PG says the adults will step in and tell the petulant children to play nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            They can try a trade embargo - or some other thinly disguised method of trying to make trade difficult.

But they will fail as PG says the adults will step in and tell the petulant children to play nicely.
            It won't be a trade embargo it will be a mutually agreed trade deal, rather like the one between Australia and the US which led to an increase of US exports to Australia and a decrease of Australian exports to the US, and the Australians agreeing to have incredibly expensive US manufactured drugs thrust down their throat under the guise of US patent protection, and woe betide them if they were to import the much cheaper products from Europe.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

I have no doubt after the UK has left the EU and done a deal with the US that this will make some US pharmaceutical companies very wealthy indeed.

hmm that might be worth a punt

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Then EU drivers will be shut out of the UK.

David Davis, a man of great intelligence, will see to it.

for the Bremainer imbiciles

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  It won't be a trade embargo it will be a mutually agreed trade deal, rather like the one between Australia and the US which led to an increase of US exports to Australia and a decrease of Australian exports to the US, and the Australians agreeing to have incredibly expensive US manufactured drugs thrust down their throat under the guise of US patent protection, and woe betide them if they were to import the much cheaper products from Europe.
                  US trade deals are like deals between hedgehogs and trucks. You can cross the road when you like and I can drive where I like on the road.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    US trade deals are like deals between hedgehogs and trucks. You can cross the road when you like and I can drive where I like on the road.
                    At the end of WWII the UK was the second largest economy in the world in the largest trading block in the world run by the UK government, they were the world leaders in many industries simply because the factories were still intact and and in spite of that within 20 years the UK was holding out a begging bowl to the IMF and grovelling to join the EEC.

We can see where Empire 2.0 is heading.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X