• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whole world says brexit is bad for UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    There’s this really weird thing going on in Little Englander’s heads, where on the one hand they see Britain as being held back by the EU and we could be so much bigger and brighter on the world stage, and yet they see the EU as Germany holding all the cards and making the rules, and forcing Britain to follow them.

If Britain can’t hold it’s own within the EU, how do they think we’ll survive outside the EU in the big bad world where we’re no longer protected by Germany’s might?
    I'm sure we will get by, awful trolling by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Yes because it's that easy.

Step 1 - Say you want to leave.
      Step 2 - Pick the toys up and put them back in the EU's pram
      Step 3 - Pay a bill they make up so they will at least start negotiations
      Step 4 - Keep going back to negotiations as goalposts keep moving
      Step 5 - Go back to step 2

Just because they are not physically putting the jackboot of oppression on your neck it does not mean you have the freedom you should expect.

And what does the future hold?

Does Germany want everyone in the EU to be on an equal footing or does that only come if they accept Germany as their overlords?
      The bill arises from article 50 negotiations which are not a necessary step, but there to set a framework for negotiations. The UK, for example, could simply repeal the European Communities Act and it would instantly be free of EU tyranny. Which if you think about it does not sound much like tyranny.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        The EU is not a tyranny, you cockwomble.
        https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/j...ping-zc88s7nxt

Comment

Tyrannies don't have independent legal processes to hold leaders to account for alleged illegal activities. You've just presented evidence that the EU in not a tyranny, you cockwomble.

Comment

In the UK there is no legal process, independent or otherwise, for social services. Tyranny.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              In the UK there is no legal process, independent or otherwise, for social services. Tyranny.
              What does that even mean?

Comment

It's a shock, a SHOCK I tell you, in capital letters because literally nobody has suggested this in the last two years...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/89...mpression=true

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  What does that even mean?
                  It means you are a thick, twunty c0ckw0mb1e

Comment

Can the Brexiteers please explain how we are being oppressed? I certainly don't feel oppressed by the EU. In fact I'd feel slightly more threatened by oppression from a Tory or Corbyn government without any involvement of the EU. I feel oppressed by Brexit, bunch of illinformed numpties exercising their 'will' to sabotage the economy just as the country is recovering from the worst recession in living memory. The incessant nonsense spewed forth by the likes of Farage, Gove, Boris, IDS etc feels like oppression. Their lies are oppressing of the values of rationality, intellect and common sense. Give me the oppression of the EU any day of the week thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ProInDisguise View Post
                      Can the Brexiteers please explain how we are being oppressed? I certainly don't feel oppressed by the EU. In fact I'd feel slightly more threatened by oppression from a Tory or Corbyn government without any involvement of the EU. I feel oppressed by Brexit, bunch of illinformed numpties exercising their 'will' to sabotage the economy just as the country is recovering from the worst recession in living memory. The incessant nonsense spewed forth by the likes of Farage, Gove, Boris, IDS etc feels like oppression. Their lies are oppressing of the values of rationality, intellect and common sense. Give me the oppression of the EU any day of the week thank you!
                      I feel oppressed by having a non-elected leader and her family as hangers-on. i.e A royal family that stole land and rented it back to the gentry which started a feudal system that still exists today in law of the land, tenancies, land tax and mortgages. No I not a Marxist, I am a landlord, but the UK need reform and needs to grow up as a nation and get some balls. It cannot go on relying on the Queen and Empire. Those times have gone. And while we are at it, dump all religion. When you die, that it; the law of nature and physics says so.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X