• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When is an agreement not an agreement?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is an agreement not an agreement?

When the UK government have negotiated it

David Davis has clashed with the Irish government after claiming that the Brexit divorce agreement between Britain and the EU was a “statement of intent” rather than something legally enforceable.
    Theresa May also appeared to suggest there was still some flexibility in the deal reached at the end of last week, writing to all Tory MPs – ... – to set out the details of the agreement but promising that “nothing is agreed until everything is agreed”.
    Let's go back to the beginning shall we?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Under EU law, there is a 14 day cooling off period for financial agreements in a B2C situation.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Good Morning Ireland on RTE radio had a general sense of amazement about how quickly Perfidious Albion had shown its true colours on the border question.

Comment

"What's the requirement of my job? I don't have to be very clever, I don't have to know that much." David Davis
          Nuff said...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Nuff said...
            Well, he is thick as mince and lazy as a toad.

Comment

An agreement is not an agreement when made by a Brexiter.

Pre vote, when they thought they'd lose, they said any close vote should lead to a second vote as a close vote couldn't be considered a real victory.

They win a close vote, and they change their mind. The people have spoken, there can't be a second vote, we will get a deal and the remainers will have to like it and lump it. Remainers lost so suck it up. There will be no vote on the deal that is brokered.

We get a deal (or at least the start of a deal) and the self same Brexiters won't suck it up themselves, and Gove, within hours, is talking of having a vote by the people on if they agree with the deal.

Then d1ck hed Davis jumps in with pretty much the same Brexiter tulip.

Seems these wobble eyed loons will never be content. May just needs to get rid of them all and just crack on with a soft Brexit.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

whoops!

EU demands legally binding treaty before progressing

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  EU demands goalposts are moved again and all the toys put back in the pram.

Interesting to watch the reaction of someone who has never been told no before being told no isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    EU demands goalposts are moved again and all the toys put back in the pram.

Interesting to watch the reaction of someone who has never been told no before being told no isn't it?
                    Indeed I imagine the EU will cave in on this point.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X