• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ultra Brexiteers gloat over Brexit triumph

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra Brexiteers gloat over Brexit triumph

The UK holds all the cards, so pile on in and stick it to the EUSSR and its British collaborators.

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    The UK holds all the cards, so pile on in and stick it to the EUSSR and its British collaborators.
    Interesting.

Comment

Iain Duncan-Smith threatens Brussels

I bet they're quaking in their boots.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Our intention is to be treated as equals, not as supplicants, and therefore we’ve given every assurance under the sun to the Irish, everybody knows that we’re not going to end up with a hard border in Ireland.
        He somewhat misses the point. The EU are the supplicants because the UK holds the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          The UK holds all the cards
          You never had a full deck to start with. And are losing the rest fast.

Comment

Treated as equals. This has been the problem all along, the U.K. negotiators getting big heads and thinking that 1 country of 50m is "equal" to 27 countries of 500m.

Even within the EU, other members of the EU27 look at what the UK has (had?) in opt outs and rebates.

The U.K. is to the EU, what the DUP is to mainland UK. Small, whiney, constantly wanting things to be different "just for us" and then continuing to complain about how unfair everyone is.

Comment

Chancellor threatens to pay Brexit deal in the event of no deal

that'll show 'em
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Do what thou wilt

Comment

Apparently Michael Gove and Boris Johnson have now threatened to sit under a table with paper bags over their heads.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Apparently Michael Gove and Boris Johnson have now threatened to sit under a table with paper bags over their heads.
                    Do they each get their own pig head or do they have to share (presumably one gets the mouth and the other the oesophagus)?

Comment

Working...
                    X