• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not really going well is it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    We are the prom king and queen of CUK passive aggression.
    I actually couldn't think of anything passive aggressive to say then, even as a joke.

I knew I could count on your vote though!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I actually couldn't think of anything passive aggressive to say then, even as a joke.

I knew I could count on your vote though!
      For cretin of the year? I've already pledged my support to oPM.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        The trouble with that article is that, apart from the link to the speech not owrking, is that the speech actually doesn't really mention anything about Britain not joining, that was in an earlier essay (for which no link is provided) so by the time he gave this speech, he may have changed his mind. In fact the speech is all 'we' which implies Great Britain as well...
        There you go!

The Churchill Society London. Churchill's Speeches.

am now going to say something that will astonish you.

The first step in the re-creation of the European family must be a partnership between France and Germany.
        oops he must have forgotten the UK??? Surely we should be ruled by the new Europe. Surely NAZI Germany & Vichy France can't be left alone with sharp implements?

Great Britain, the British Commonwealth of Nations, mighty America, and I trust Soviet Russia - for then indeed all would be well - must be the friends and sponsors of the new Europe and must champion its right to live and shine.
        Oh sorry he didn't he was very specific France + Germany without the UK not an EU superstate. I doubt he would change his mind, he was pretty resolute.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X