• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK and EU fail to strike Brexit talks deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK and EU fail to strike Brexit talks deal

So if May never held a snap election she'd still have a majority. As such a minority DUP scuppered the grand plan. (don't ask no one really knows the plan).

Shurly her tenure cannot last until Christmas? Cameron divided the country and May seems intent on driving the economy into the ground.

The most awful government in these modern times.

The UK and EU have failed to reach an agreement to move to the next stage of Brexit talks, Theresa May has said.
    The prime minister said talks would reconvene "before the end of the week" and she was "confident we will conclude this positively".
    The talks are understood to have broken down after the Democratic Unionist Party refused to accept concessions on the Irish border issue.
    Downing Street said that was not the only outstanding problem.
    Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar said a deal had been done, but the UK appeared to change its mind over the Irish border question after pressure from the DUP.
    "I am surprised and disappointed that the British government now appears not to be in a position to conclude what was agreed earlier today," he told a press conference in Dublin.
    source: UK and EU fail to strike Brexit talks deal - BBC News
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    So if May never held a snap election she'd still have a majority. As such a minority DUP scuppered the grand plan. (don't ask no one really knows the plan).

Shurly her tenure cannot last until Christmas? Cameron divided the country and May seems intent on driving the economy into the ground.

The most awful government in these modern times.

source: UK and EU fail to strike Brexit talks deal - BBC News
    In Munich, no-one can hear you scream...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I said all along the NI border would be the issue, and May getting into bed with people directly on the front line so to speak means she has no wriggle-room.

So, either she gives in totally to EU/DUP demands and we are still in EU in all but name, or she falls on her sword and opens the door to the Corbster.

I love the Corbster, one of the last principled men in politics, Wedgie Ben 2.0 but he's not pro-EU so rock and hard place springs to mind.

But, given the choice, as we will, at least the Corbster will do his bit for those in most need, and you can't argue with that, genuine unfortunates, not spongers obvs...

Comment

and thank you again for your incisive input, - lord haw haw

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          I said all along the NI border would be the issue, and May getting into bed with people directly on the front line so to speak means she has no wriggle-room.

So, either she gives in totally to EU/DUP demands and we are still in EU in all but name, or she falls on her sword and opens the door to the Corbster.

I love the Corbster, one of the last principled men in politics, Wedgie Ben 2.0 but he's not pro-EU so rock and hard place springs to mind.

But, given the choice, as we will, at least the Corbster will do his bit for those in most need, and you can't argue with that, genuine unfortunates, not spongers obvs...
          that alliance was never going to work IMMHO, but i try to avoid online politics.
          around a table works, so the whole language can be read , perhaps

Comment

Ms May submitting herself totally to the EU . That is kinky enough for Mr Green, I bet he would pop his member out of for that.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              and thank you again for your incisive input, - lord haw haw
              He was Irish Lord Haw Haw, well William Joyce. Or American, like Eamonn De Valera, both tried to hide behind it...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                He was Irish Lord Haw Haw, well William Joyce. Or American, like Eamonn De Valera, both tried to hide behind it...
                i don't give a flying **** about the roots. - it's the constant goebbelian kiech i canny be bothered wi'

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  In Munich, no-one can hear you scream...
                  Down here in Süd Bayern we growl.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Down here in Süd Bayern we growl.
                    aye, yer arse might, with all the bratworst. bam

Comment

Working...
                    X