• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welcome to pre-Brexit Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to pre-Brexit Britain

Supermarket chain to sell food up to a month past its ‘Best Before’ date in attempt to slash waste

Enjoy!

Comment

At least they have chlorinated the chicken.

Comment

About time. None of the stuff being sold is unsafe.

Comment

Took them long enough. Barry was making millions selling the stuff abroad in Auf Wiedersehen Pet about 15 years ago.

Food banks will have to lower their interest rate to compete.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

... So this isn't even remotely BREXIT related.

It's not even a "Bad news" story.

Merely a well placed PR piece by a regional Co-op under the guise of tackling "Food waste".

They are selling dried food, such as pasta and rice, at 10p if it's past its sell-by date.

Come on? Who hasn't got a cupboard full of food that is several years past-due?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
              ... So this isn't even remotely BREXIT related...
              Wrong. It's a reminder that post brexit apocalypse you can survive by raiding the back of the cupboard for old tins. They'll be same as new tins but without the post brexit import tariff.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                Wrong. It's a reminder that post brexit apocalypse you can survive by raiding the back of the cupboard for old tins. They'll be same as new tins but without the post brexit import tariff.
                You'll be fine, at least you can eat your dog...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                  ... So this isn't even remotely BREXIT related.

It's not even a "Bad news" story.

?
                  Post Brexit food.

Yum, bring on Brexit!

Comment

i worked as a volunteer in a free food station for homeless people a few years ago.
                    we more or less begged local supermarkets for their <past best by date> food.
                    still perfectly edible, and gave a lot of people a better winter.
                    these dates are legal disclaimers, not about the viability of the food.
                    commonsense should tell you when something is not fit to eat FFS!
                    This should be encouraged everywhere .

rant over

Comment

Working...
                    X