• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it time yet for some military gents to install a national salvation government?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it time yet for some military gents to install a national salvation government?

It would spoil the fun but the spiralling out of control has to stop somehow. And soon.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/11/29...terview-today/

Davis: “There are all sorts of stories flying around, you had them in the paper this morning.”
    Marr: “£50bn.”
    Davis: “It’s rubbish .. it's nonsense the story is completely wrong.”

Davis - "Total rubbish, the real figure is actually much higher..."

Comment

Or as the Mash puts it.

It took six months and a lot of work but we’ve caved completely, says David Davis
      29-11-17

BREXIT minister David Davis has proudly told Britain that after six months of tough negotiating he has given in to every single one of the EU’s demands.

Davis, who turned up to negotiations in June with a blank notepad and a hopeful expression, promised that nobody could have fought harder or achieved less than he did.

He continued: “From the first day, when I conceded that negotiations would proceed exactly as the EU had decided and then spent months trying to reverse that, I have been massively out of my depth.

“For fruitless meeting after fruitless meeting, I have vainly insisted that things that were never going to happen should happen, no matter how clear it was that I was wrong.

“And, finally, after battling through our own reality-denying pigheadness, we have achieved what we could have achieved on day one by capitulating utterly.

“Now we have caved on the divorce bill, look forward to me caving on EU citizens’ rights and Northern Ireland in short order. Certainly before Christmas.”

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        It would spoil the fun but the spiralling out of control has to stop somehow. And soon.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/11/29...terview-today/

Davis: “There are all sorts of stories flying around, you had them in the paper this morning.”
        Marr: “£50bn.”
        Davis: “It’s rubbish .. it's nonsense the story is completely wrong.”
        Bump.

Weak and wobbly as Brillo's handshake.

Comment

Working...
        X