• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Let's not send £350M to the NHS for 125 weeks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's not send £350M to the NHS for 125 weeks

Divorce bill £44 billion
    This is what the Brexidiots voted for
    Brexit: UK divorce bill offer worth up to 50bn euros - BBC News

£350M per week it should say in the title

Comment

So about 2.5 years then.

Of course, if we'd stayed in the EU then UK tax-payers would continue to have pay £10B a year net to fund the infrastructure of other countries rather than investing it within the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
        So about 2.5 years then.

Of course, if we'd stayed in the EU then UK tax-payers would continue to have pay £10B a year net to fund the infrastructure of other countries rather than investing it within the UK.
        That's right the UK will push through a deal where they don't have to pay anything to gain access to the single market like all the other countries outside the EU do.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          That's right the UK will push through a deal where they don't have to pay anything to gain access to the single market like all the other countries outside the EU do.
          You are determined to assume there cannot be a positive outcome, aren't you?

I'm interested in your psychology. Why has this decision to change the relationship with Europe, that clearly was not working well for the majority of the UK population and had not been working for a long time, hurt you so much?

I voted Remain. But really, I'm over it.

Comment

So about 2.5 years then.

Yeah, right...that 10bn will go to bailing out banks (again) or 'bribing' foreign industries to stay in the UK once they've left the single market...

Cornwall wanted guarantees it wouldn't lose £60m EU funding after Brexit, but the Government turned it down | The Independent
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Yeah, right...that 10bn will go to bailing out banks (again) or 'bribing' foreign industries to stay in the UK once they've left the single market...

Cornwall wanted guarantees it wouldn't lose £60m EU funding after Brexit, but the Government turned it down | The Independent
              Cynic.

I think it will be spent on hosting the Olympic games and building new HS2's every couple of years.

In 20 years time, all this will have been forgotten as we travel to work in our new shiny new trains.

Comment

I'm interested in your psychology. Why has this decision to change the relationship with Europe, that clearly was not working well for the majority of the UK population and had not been working for a long time, hurt you so much?

I voted Remain. But really, I'm over it.
                Not at all, it's good

after all the UK holds all the cards.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

after all the UK holds all the cards.
                  So you view it as a card game, a zero-sum game. That explains a lot. Thanks for the insight.

Try viewing it as a non-zero sum game and you'll feel happier.

Comment

You can't have a cake and eat it, that's not a possible positive outcome, it's a fantasy.

Comment

Working...
                    X