• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Soon saw off those miserable sausage eating swine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soon saw off those miserable sausage eating swine

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...survey-reveals

Almost one in five of the NHS’s European doctors have made plans to quit Britain, according to research that has raised fresh fears of a Brexit-induced medical brain drain.

And almost half of the health service’s 12,000 medics from the European Economic Area (EEA) are considering moving abroad, the British Medical Association survey of 1,720 of them found.

The findings come amid growing evidence that Brexit may exacerbate problems of understaffing in the NHS by making both retention and recruitment of EU staff more difficult. In September NHS figures showed that more than 10,000 staff from EU countries had quit since the Brexit vote. And the number of EU nurses coming to Britain has dropped by 89% in the last year, Nursing and Midwifery Council figures released this month showed.

In total, 45% of respondents to the BMA survey said they were thinking about leaving Britain following the result of the EU referendum in June 2016 – three percentage points more than when the BMA ran a similar poll in February – while a further 29% were unsure whether they would go.

Among those who were considering going elsewhere 39% – or 18% of the whole sample – have already made plans to leave. The 12,000 doctors from the EEA (the EU plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) represent 7.7% of the NHS’s medical workforce.

Some of those leaving have been offered jobs abroad, while others are applying for posts overseas. Some have begun the process of seeking citizenship elsewhere, while others are having their qualifications validated so they can work in another country, the BMA said.
    What's not to like? Fewer immigrants creating demand on housing and public services.

The UK needs to start training more doctors.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      The UK needs to start training more doctors.
      To go and work in the North American and Australian health systems. Sounds expensive.

Comment

Speaking to an Indian acquaintance a couple of weeks ago who pointed out to me that most of her friends and family voted Brexit, so they can encourage more immigration from Asia.

So I'm therefore less pessimistic about the NHS requiring doctors and nurses, I also think they will help to alleviate the shortage of IT staff.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Speaking to an Indian acquaintance a couple of weeks ago who pointed out to me that most of her friends and family voted Brexit, so they can encourage more immigration from Asia.

So I'm therefore less pessimistic about the NHS requiring doctors and nurses, I also think they will help to alleviate the shortage of IT staff.
          Isnt that exactly what Brexiteers voted for... to get rid of the pesky Europeans and replace them with Asians who are much more culturally similar to us Brits and therefore protect the cultural identity of this great nation!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ProInDisguise View Post
            Isnt that exactly what Brexiteers voted for... to get rid of the pesky Europeans and replace them with Asians who are much more culturally similar to us Brits and therefore protect the cultural identity of this great nation!!!!!
            And greater banana shape diversity.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

So I'm therefore less pessimistic about the NHS requiring doctors and nurses, I also think they will help to alleviate the shortage of cheap IT staff.
              FTFY
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Seven fooking days waiting period is usual for my local GP, ffs - they also really want you to CALL them (or turned up) at 8:30am for booking, why the fook can't I book in advance even if it's a fooking week away?

Puts you off using them, which I reckon is the idea behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by ProInDisguise View Post
                  Well we prefer curry to cabbage.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Seven fooking days waiting period is usual for my local GP, ffs - they also really want you to CALL them (or turned up) at 8:30am for booking, why the fook can't I book in advance even if it's a fooking week away?

Puts you off using them, which I reckon is the idea behind it.
                    Only 7 days?

Where I am if it's not a GP emergency and you book it, it is 14 days. (Old tulip surgery was 21 days.)

Unfortunately for them all my appointments end up being GP emergencies after a week even if I decide initially I can wait 2 weeks.

If they book it, it is 5-7 days.

This actually annoys me because when I book it it is more urgent then the stuff they book for me.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X