• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sir James Dyson: Britain should walk away from Brexit negotiations over 'outrageous'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Yep. I was in a white goods store the other day and they had a number of people spread around demonstrating the Dyson. Upon asking the price and hearing the answer, I walked off...€500
    INKSPE!

blimey the German economy must be in trouble!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      INKSPE!

blimey the German economy must be in trouble!
      Why? Why would I want to spend €500 on a vacuum cleaner when I can get one just as good or better for less? Maybe British consumers are just gullible ****wits....
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Why? Why would I want to spend €500 on a vacuum cleaner when I can get one just as good or better for less? Maybe British consumers are just gullible ****wits....
        Why spend xxxx on a BMW/Merc when there are cars which are perfectly adequate for less?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Why spend xxxx on a BMW/Merc when there are cars which are perfectly adequate for less?
          There's a lot better cars than BMW/Merc (for less)
          And there's a lot better vacuum cleaners than Dysons. Support the British economy and a British company paying taxes and employing British people - buy a Henry.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Dyson is an idiot who sells way overpriced vaccumcleaners (assembled outside the UK)

Comment

In the thread list, the title read as "Sir James Dyson: Britain should walk away from Brexit ". Now that's a position I could support.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                There's a lot better cars than BMW/Merc (for less)
                And there's a lot better vacuum cleaners than Dysons. Support the British economy and a British company paying taxes and employing British people - buy a Henry.
                Some Henrys are made outside the UK. They have factories around the world.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Some Henrys are made outside the UK. They have factories around the world.
                  I'm not sure that any are made outside the UK any more - there was a time they outsourced, but it appears everything is from Chard now.

BBC - West Country Cash: Made in Chard: The Somerset factory keeping it local
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    In the thread list, the title read as "Sir James Dyson: Britain should walk away from Brexit ". Now that's a position I could support.
                    You have gone native. The Swiss don't believe in democracy. Just making as much money as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      You have gone native. The Swiss don't believe in democracy. Just making as much money as possible.
                      Erm, the Swiss have 4 referendums a year. Every year. Are you saying that referendums are not democratic?

Comment

Working...
                      X