EU tells Britain it's living in 'fantasy land' over hopes for a 'basic' Brexit deal
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    AtW
    AtW is offline

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,976
    Thanks (Given)
    1260
    Thanks (Received)
    661
    Likes (Given)
    6843
    Likes (Received)
    2350

    Default EU tells Britain it's living in 'fantasy land' over hopes for a 'basic' Brexit deal

    The British government is living in “fantasy land” if it believes that it can an amicable break-up with the EU in the event of a 'basic' Brexit, senior EU officials and diplomats have told The Telegraph.

    Three separate EU sources in both Brussels and a leading EU capital have warned that British expectations of a “no deal, deal” had failed to understand the ramifications of the UK pulling out Europe without paying its bills.

    The tough European line raises serious question about the value of assurances given by David Davis to the Lords this week that Europe would do a “basic” deal with Britain in the event that both sides were unable to negotiate a trade deal.

    The Brexit secretary told the Lords EU select committee that in the “very, very improbable" event that a deal proved beyond the two sides, worst-case scenarios would be averted.

    Exclusive: EU tells Britain it's living in 'fantasy land' over hopes for a 'basic' Brexit deal

    They should have hired BrilloPad as Chief Negotiator - at least he would not have any illusions about amicable deals in divorce...

  2. #2

    Double Godlike!

    xoggoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    xoggoth towers
    Posts
    12,308
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    422
    Likes (Given)
    134
    Likes (Received)
    1291
    bloggoth

    If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

  3. #3
    AtW
    AtW is offline

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,976
    Thanks (Given)
    1260
    Thanks (Received)
    661
    Likes (Given)
    6843
    Likes (Received)
    2350

    Default

    Yes, that will show them tourists, go back to where you came from!

  4. #4

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    32,879
    Thanks (Given)
    272
    Thanks (Received)
    767
    Likes (Given)
    4372
    Likes (Received)
    3677

    Default

    EU will hike the requirements for a deal to ensure that no deal is ever made.

    They will cut off their nose to spite their face, it's about punishing Britain for not following the EU doctrine, at any cost.

    We should walk sooner rather than later.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  5. #5
    AtW
    AtW is offline

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,976
    Thanks (Given)
    1260
    Thanks (Received)
    661
    Likes (Given)
    6843
    Likes (Received)
    2350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    They will cut off their nose to spite their face, it's about punishing Britain for not following the EU doctrine, at any cost. We should walk sooner rather than later.
    How is walking sooner helps? That would just make punishment much harsher

  6. #6

    I live on CUK

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    27,387
    Thanks (Given)
    870
    Thanks (Received)
    2735
    Likes (Given)
    6993
    Likes (Received)
    5577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    EU will hike the requirements for a deal to ensure that no deal is ever made.

    They will cut off their nose to spite their face, it's about punishing Britain for not following the EU doctrine, at any cost.

    We should walk sooner rather than later.
    we shouldn't walk we should march out having arranged an alternative.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  7. #7
    AtW
    AtW is offline

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,976
    Thanks (Given)
    1260
    Thanks (Received)
    661
    Likes (Given)
    6843
    Likes (Received)
    2350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    we shouldn't walk we should march out having arranged an alternative.
    March off the cliff edge?


  8. #8

    TripleIronDad


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    100,000
    Thanks (Given)
    25551
    Thanks (Received)
    6811
    Likes (Given)
    25551
    Likes (Received)
    11319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Three separate EU sources in both Brussels and a leading EU capital have warned that British expectations of a “no deal, deal” had failed to understand the ramifications of the UK pulling out Europe without paying its bills.
    Then it is our lookout. I wish they would just get on with whatever they want to do.

  9. #9
    AtW
    AtW is offline

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,976
    Thanks (Given)
    1260
    Thanks (Received)
    661
    Likes (Given)
    6843
    Likes (Received)
    2350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Then it is our lookout. I wish they would just get on with whatever they want to do.
    They are doing all just fine, it's HM Govt who is running around like a headless chicken

  10. #10

    Double Godlike!

    xoggoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    xoggoth towers
    Posts
    12,308
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    422
    Likes (Given)
    134
    Likes (Received)
    1291

    Default

    Angel of the North:



    Angel of the South

    bloggoth

    If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.