Families 600 quid worse off due to Brexit
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 68
  1. #1

    More time posting than coding

    motoukenin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    425
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    18
    Likes (Given)
    60
    Likes (Received)
    58

    Default Families 600 quid worse off due to Brexit

    https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-h...use-of-brexit/

    As most have had no pay rises, in fact average wages for low paid are now 12% less than 10 years ago (ONS) and no sign of any pay increases wonder where they will get that 600 quid from? , maybe they will steal one of Dims Jags he won't miss it.
    I'm not following this idiot

  2. #2

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    32,879
    Thanks (Given)
    272
    Thanks (Received)
    767
    Likes (Given)
    4372
    Likes (Received)
    3677

    Default

    £600 a year, so practically a freebie to escape the EU. Bargain in my books.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  3. #3

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    27,736
    Thanks (Given)
    3868
    Thanks (Received)
    5790
    Likes (Given)
    4484
    Likes (Received)
    7068

    Default

    The forecast does not, however, suggest a crisis for the U.K. economy next year and indicates only a mild slowing of growth over the medium term as a result of Brexit


    “Some people are like clouds. When they go away it is a brighter day!"

  4. #4

    More time posting than coding

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    459
    Thanks (Given)
    5
    Thanks (Received)
    54
    Likes (Given)
    696
    Likes (Received)
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    £600 a year, so practically a freebie to escape the EU. Bargain in my books.
    You might consider it a bargain, but for those on the breadline today, using food banks and the like, who were conned that they would be better off, maybe not such of a bargain and could push them over into serious debt. But hey, so long as the Tories and their rich landowning supporters are OK, that's all good!
    I may not know Karate, but I know crazy and I'm not afraid to use it

  5. #5

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    32,879
    Thanks (Given)
    272
    Thanks (Received)
    767
    Likes (Given)
    4372
    Likes (Received)
    3677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    You might consider it a bargain, but for those on the breadline today, using food banks and the like, who were conned that they would be better off, maybe not such of a bargain and could push them over into serious debt. But hey, so long as the Tories and their rich landowning supporters are OK, that's all good!
    Yeah right. We haven't left yet so everyone here keeps saying, unemployment is lowest level ever, all the economic indicators are +ve and better than forecasted and the economy is growing.

    No one is worse off due to Brexit. Worse off due to globalization, yes. Worse off due to giant companies paying almost zero tax here, yes, worse off due to immigration of unskilled and low paid people, yes.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  6. #6

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    8,562
    Thanks (Given)
    1192
    Thanks (Received)
    653
    Likes (Given)
    442
    Likes (Received)
    2421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    £600 a year, so practically a freebie to escape the EU. Bargain in my books.
    How many USD down are they?
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  7. #7

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    32,879
    Thanks (Given)
    272
    Thanks (Received)
    767
    Likes (Given)
    4372
    Likes (Received)
    3677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    How many USD down are they?
    Five bucks.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  8. #8

    I live on CUK

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    27,387
    Thanks (Given)
    870
    Thanks (Received)
    2735
    Likes (Given)
    6993
    Likes (Received)
    5577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Yeah right. We haven't left yet so everyone here keeps saying, unemployment is lowest level ever, all the economic indicators are +ve and better than forecasted and the economy is growing.

    No one is worse off due to Brexit. Worse off due to globalization, yes. Worse off due to giant companies paying almost zero tax here, yes, worse off due to immigration of unskilled and low paid people, yes.
    Indeed its strange how these bremoaners just don't understand basic economics and have to blame their problems on Brexit!


    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  9. #9

    TripleIronDad


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    100,000
    Thanks (Given)
    25551
    Thanks (Received)
    6811
    Likes (Given)
    25551
    Likes (Received)
    11319

    Default

    Families are worse off as the rich are not sharing. Nothing to do with immigrants, EU or Brexit.

    As long as they get cheap soccer on the TV they will not care.

  10. #10

    More time posting than coding

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    459
    Thanks (Given)
    5
    Thanks (Received)
    54
    Likes (Given)
    696
    Likes (Received)
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Indeed its strange how these bremoaners just don't understand basic economics and have to blame their problems on Brexit!


    This is what you don't get. I'm not worse off. I'm in the top 10% and can ride the wave of any downturn due to Brexit. Due to my skills and background I'll likely be the same if not better off under Brexit. I voted remain though not for me but for those who will be worse off. I voted for the greater good not my own personal gain. £600 for me is gravy, but for many in this country this will tip them over the edge - but hey, so long as you're Ok eh?
    I may not know Karate, but I know crazy and I'm not afraid to use it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.